UKC

Easy-ish Multipitch in the Pass (Llanberis)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BnB 03 Sep 2014
Yes, Main Wall, I know. But my partner (who normally leads solid VS) fancies a relaxing outing so I wonder what anyone would recommend at a more (but not too) amenable grade? Gambit Climb and Crackstone Rib stand out in the Rockfax guide.
 climbwhenready 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Not an expert, only been climbing a year. But I recommend Crackstone Rib - nice exposure, cracking climb, not a sandbag.
In reply to BnB:

Flying buttress on the cromlech is a lovely climb. Not that easy for VDiff either.
 Bulls Crack 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Plenty outside The Pass Cloggy, Cwm Silyn, Idwal etc
 pec 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

The Cracks on Dinas Mot is very good at HS but the Pass isn't great for sub VS climbing, especially if you want fill a whole day at the same crag (and don't want to drop as low as V Diff). You might be better off going to the Ogwen Valley.
 Dale Berry 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

As has already been mentioned could well be better in Ogwen. Something on either side of Tryfan, could easily be linked with the east face of Bristly Ridge or something on Glyder Fach.

Sub Cneifion Rib, followed by the Arete could well fall in to the too ameanable grade for you but starting up Subwall Climb on Idwall Slabs and going from there could well suit. (I thought it was pretty soft at HS and would have gear for the crux, when I did it).
 Ray Sparks 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Hi Julian Dives and better things is a great route and Skylon both H/S
have a good day
 wilkesley 03 Sep 2014
In reply to pec:

Apart from those already mentioned:

Nea (S, but 4b if you decide to do the top pitch).
Dives/Better things (HS 4a).
Wrinkle (VD)

OP BnB 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Ray Sparks:

Hey Ray. How's it going? Got two days in N Wales next midweek. Gonna hit Tremadog and do your favourite route on the second day.
 Ray Sparks 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Not to bad Julian not getting out as much as I would like due to work
should of said dives/better things as mentioned above.
OP BnB 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Ray Sparks:

Cheers Ray. Looks a cracking route, though VS in Rockfax::. Will start working on my buddy!!
 Ray Sparks 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Have a good few days.. Hope you enjoy my fav route at Tremadog. I will pm you if i can get a day off and get a partner for the day, would be good to catch up.
OP BnB 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Ray Sparks:

Do that. Hope you get out some more soon. J
 OwenM 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Crackstone Rib.
Ribstone crack.
Rackstone crib.
Shadow wall.
Phantom Rib.
Rift wall.
Pedestal Route.
Yellow Groove.
Hazel groove.
Nea.
Brant (not the direct start).
In reply to OwenM:

It sounded like the poster wanted sub-VS routes. Almost none of the routes you mention are 'easyish', even at VS, except Yellow Groove, Hazel Groove and Nea.

Dives/Better Things - as others have suggested - is the big one to recommend.
 Skyfall 03 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Dives/Better things HS is superb.
OP BnB 04 Sep 2014
In reply to D Berry:
Great routes and thanks for the suggestions but I'm afraid we've done a lot in Ogwen already and nothing in the Pass. This dry spell, if it lasts into next week, seems the ideal opportunity.
Post edited at 07:45
OP BnB 04 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions.
 Andy Hardy 04 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Nea has a loose block on P3 - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=596615&v=1#x7865133
Not saying don't do it, just don't pull the block down!
 wilkesley 04 Sep 2014
In reply to 999thAndy:

Since the original top pitch fell down (>25yrs ago?), many people ab off after the second pitch. There used to be a tree there, which was a useful abseil point. Don't know if it's still there, bit if it is you can get to the bottom on 50m ropes.
 Iain Peters 04 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Lliwedd? Avalanche/Red Wall/Longland's Continuation. Multi-pitch, tradition and a Classic Rock tick!
 Andy Hardy 04 Sep 2014
In reply to wilkesley:

The abseil point is there, but P3 is better than 2 so worth doing IMO.
pasbury 04 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:
Gambit climb is very good in an old fashioned big booty sort of way.
Great position too.

Rectory chimneys might be worth a look too. no personal experience of this one though.
Post edited at 17:00
 David Jones 05 Sep 2014
In reply to BnB:

Hi Julian, as already suggested, I'd say Dives/Better Things is probably best at the grade. Also on the Cromlech, Flying Buttress, is a proper mountain rock climb. Lower down, on Carreg Wastad, Crackstone Rib, Wrinkle and Skylon (HS) stand out. Nea (VS), on the Grochan is good and a little higher up the hillside, you'll see the open corner of Litttle Sepulcture (VS4b), which can be added on, and is well worth doing. Across the road there's The Cracks and possibly Western Slabs(VS4b) on Dinas Mot. In the same area Little Benjamin, Sish is worth finding. Cheers DJ.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...