UKC

Geneva to Chamonix Transfers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Raymondo 03 Sep 2014
Hi All,

Just looking for a regular run-of-the-mill coach transfer from Geneva Airport to Chamonix.
Just where you pay the driver cash, and he drops you off in Central Cham.
No glam, no whistles, no bells. Just a simple transfer.

Any ideas please ?
 GCS 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Raymondo:

Have used Alpybus and Chamexpress a number of times. No problems with either. About 1.5hour transfer and approx. 50 Euros - May get it for less.
 Neil Williams 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Raymondo:
There won't be a "pay the driver cash" arrangement, as ticket sales by transport organisations other than SBB and TPG are not allowed at the airport (this is made very clear with signage). You will have to book in advance whatever you choose (unless you get the train). Unless of course anyone is cheating, which they might be

Neil
Post edited at 23:06
Removed User 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Raymondo:

The cheapest way is to use the car sharing. It costs about 5 £ to go to Chamonix from Geneva. There's a website which is very reliable and useful :
http://www.blablacar.com/
http://www.covoiturage.fr/

Aline
 Mr. Lee 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:

Actually, Alpbus and others I've used all take Euro cash payment on the day of travel.
OP Raymondo 04 Sep 2014
Thanks Guys, seems like I have a few options.

So, it is the airport imposing the non-cash ticket system.
 Neil Williams 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Raymondo:
Yes, it seems so. I expect it's to stop touting and the likes, which would be annoying. ISTR there being quid-in-a-slot (well, CHF-in-a-slot) type Internet PCs around which you could use to book your choice on the spot.

Edit: It seems Alpybus at least have an agreement with the "Gare Routiere" (an info desk run by Geneva coach station if I recall) for them to sell tickets. This is pretty much straight in front of you as you come out of arrivals on the Swiss side of the airport (as you will if flying from anywhere but France) and isn't the Alpybus desk.

"Does AlpyBus work with Geneva Airport?
Yes, AlpyBus is an official partner of Geneva Airport. Last minute tickets can be purchased at the Gare Routière in the arrivals hall for our routes. Please note last-minute tickets purchased in the airport are more expensive than our advertised web rates."

Neil
Post edited at 09:29
 blackcat 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Raymondo: Hi ive used sat-mont blanc bus twice,no probs and on time as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...