UKC

Wilton Fest. who's going?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john morrissey 03 Sep 2014
Curious to find out how many people might be there. It will be great. Dry all week and good weather for the weekend.
 Ann S 03 Sep 2014
In reply to john morrissey:

Hoping to come along on Saturday.

robin mueller 04 Sep 2014

I'll be there. Might pop in to wilton 4 for some bouldering then over to wilton 1 later. Everyone I've spoken to recently seems to be going, think it will be busy. Should be good!

Think it will be more of a case of, those who are not there, will wish the had been there. ))
In reply to Timothy Greenhalgh:

dont forget the Moziguard everyone
 Climbingspike 04 Sep 2014
Going to the fest, what's best place to park, will be staying overnight.
 paget 04 Sep 2014

I've heard ondra might be having a go at on sighting 999, but someone might have to lend him a cow bell to protect the last moves!
 The Norris 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Climbingspike:

Theres a fair few spaces on the bend of scout road, which is the point at where the path descends to the crag, and a few extra spaces further down scout road towards the A675.
astley007 04 Sep 2014
In reply to The Norris:
The large pub (Wilton Arms) will also not be a problem to park in

Fiend 04 Sep 2014

Okay how easy will it be to find people to climb with there?? I guess a lot of people will be milling around and stuff but if I come down (a tempting idea given the forecast), I'd be keen to get a lot done to make the trip worthwhile....
 Ann S 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Fiend:

These are my local crags, so I am happy to turn up as a willing rope holder for first time visitors -Saturday only. If I can't follow a route, the BMC stakes will allow you to ab down for your own gear. PM me if you want to exchange mobtels to firm up arrangements. Check my profile if your interested.

You can't beat Lancashire grit.
 robin mueller 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Fiend:

Thinking of putting up a noticeboard, maybe with a space for people to write down names and hook up climbing partners.

If you are struggling, say hello if you see me and I'll ask around. Unlikely I'll be doing trad but I might be able to help.

TraverseKing 05 Sep 2014
In reply to robin mueller:

Hi, any chance I could join you Sat morning at Wilton4 for some bouldering? cheers, Peter
 nbonnett 05 Sep 2014

On a separate note i'm thinking of bringing my Boxxer 2200 petrol power generator to charge any Hilti power drills that have run out of power.
I'm currently thinking that a charge of £15.00 per charge should be around distressed market rates , what do you think ??

On another tack , in case any bolters or anti bolters get over stressed or over-excited i'm bringing the horse and for a £5.00 premium you can have a stroke a horse chill therapy session. There's another premium if you want to cuddle the horse whilst reading the guide book.
 wilkie14c 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Ann S:

I think I'll be there Saturday too, Its been far too long for me on the side lines!
 Fiend 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Ann S:

Woohoo, can I pretend I'm a first time visitor and haven't done Eliminate, Christeena, Dawn, Ann, Cheat, Cameo, Central Route, Paradox, Max, Wombat Chimney, Lazy Friday, White Slabs Bunt, and Supercrack already?? Honestly guv....
In reply to TraverseKing:
Of course! The more the merrier. Same goes for anyone else who fancies joining the Wilton 4 gang. I'll try and make it down for 11.
Post edited at 12:35
 TraverseKing 05 Sep 2014
In reply to robin mueller:

cool! Ill see you there.

Here's a little trailer for one of the movies being shown tomorrow night.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=826794597360954
 Ann S 07 Sep 2014
Big thanks to the organisers of the Wiltonfest. Food and beer kept us happy on a wet Saturday, weather brill today. Great to see some old friends and make some new ones. Cheers.
GeoffM 07 Sep 2014
In reply to Ann S:

Always good to put a face to a name
Well done to all who turned out. Including the team from
Mexico !
ScottD 08 Sep 2014
In reply to Ann S:

Yes, Thanks for the fantastic effort.
stupot2 08 Sep 2014

wiltonfest 2014 was great, even with the rain and the pub turning the power off on us! great laugh and typical banter in the pub later on. good to put a few names to faces, saw some great people i know and met some great people, roll on wiltonfest 2015!

Yeah thanks everyone! I'll definitely be there next year.
 Fiend 11 Sep 2014

Seemed a good vibe on Sunday. Saturday was glorious weather in Langdale.

FFS though if I'd known that beardy midget and nik-jennings-look-a-like with the wee baby was Wilton E4/5-veteran/regular "datoon", I'd have taken his beta with a bit more suspicion....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...