UKC

Low profile insoles.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KellyKettle 06 Sep 2014
After a long hunt, I finally found a set of walking/scrambling boots that fit my feet properly (Salewa Rapace)... Unfortunately whilst breaking them in it has become apparent that the Salewa Multifit insole system, just don't work for my feet.

Basically, I'm looking for an insole with a high, supportive heel cup, and low volume at the forefoot (My feet are broad and high volume upfront, tapering away to narrow heels).

I use Superfeet Green/MerinoGrey in my B3's, and Sorbothane Double Strikes in my work boots, but both take up too much volume at the forefoot to use in the Rapace.

Short of buying new Superfeet Greens and thinning them down with a beltsander, I'm struggling to work out what's best to do.
 alimckay 07 Sep 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

Check out the black or cardon superfeet. They sound exactly what you're looking for.
 Roguevfr 07 Sep 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

Blue superfeet are lower profile than the greens too.
 keepguessing 07 Sep 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

i am considering superfeets dress she insole it's low profile though gives high levels of support.
In reply to KellyKettle:

Black superfeet are very low-profile.
 Rick Graham 07 Sep 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

Had some ski insoles once that you could mould to personalise to your foot. Maybe worth a look in that direction.
 GForce1 08 Sep 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

Try a Sidas insole:

http://physiowarehouse.co.uk/footcare/shoe-accessories/sidas-conform-able-u...

I find them to be reasonably low profile. They don't have issues with goretex unlike superfeet blue/black.
OP KellyKettle 08 Sep 2014
In reply to GForce1:

Thanks for that... I'm tempted to try a set of the Sidas half Insoles with the thin bottom half of the Salewa MFS insole system.

I'm starting to think that once the boots are fully broken in I will be able to use a normal insole, might be worth sucking it up/looking overdressed for popping to the shops and such until the uppers fully soften off and then see if a high volume insole still leads to too much pressure on my forefoot when walking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...