UKC

Oppdall and Sundall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 3leggeddog 07 Sep 2014
I was recommended exploring this area by a pair of Norwegians last year. I have bought the guide which, like all guides makes the area look fantastic. Those big Sunndal falls look great

Anyone on here got first hand experience of the area? recommended accom etc.

Swirly 07 Sep 2014
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Went to Oppdal in 2010, it was fantastic: other than our group we only saw one other pair the week we were there. We flew to Oslo and hired a car and stayed in a hut on a campsite just South of Oppdal town.

It was pretty cold for about half the week (New Year), one day the warmest it got was -32 but after that it became a bit more reasonable. Other than the cold my main memory was everything felt a bit hard because it hadn't been battered into submission by hoards of other climbers.
OP 3leggeddog 07 Sep 2014
In reply to Swirly:

Thanks, did you commute to Sunndal at all? how long did it take?

From the guide it looks that the sensible option would be to stay around Oppdal and drive to Sunndall should the conditions permit.

The peace and quiet sounds great
 Swirly 07 Sep 2014
In reply to 3leggeddog:
I don't think so, although my memory is a bit hazy, most of the stuff we did was along the E6 south of Oppdal, we didn't have a guide (just a map with some stuff drawn on it and a couple of printouts) but most could be seen from the road. There's a bit with more of a walk in, we called it the racist area based on the route names, that was really good.

We did go somewhere in the Sunndal direction but I don't think it was that far. The roads are pretty good though.

Sorry I can't really be much help. It was a very, very good trip though.
Post edited at 21:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...