UKC

Samoens Rock Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 upupup 09 Sep 2014
Hi there,
Does anyone know of any rock climbing guidebooks for the Samoens valley and area? I've heard there are some good crags in the area and some via ferrata.
Cheers,
Dave.
 David Myatt 09 Sep 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

Hi, yes, there are good crags. Have skied there for about 6 years. The ski hire shop I used had the local guide, but I didn't pick it up.
Cheers, David
 Dave Garnett 09 Sep 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

The Vallee du Giffre guide has the crags round Samoens, Sixt and Fer a Cheval and a few via ferrata.
 Dave Garnett 09 Sep 2014
In reply to dbdmilton:

Actually, it looks as if there may be a more recent guide: Giffre, Risse et Foron.

Have a look on http://escalade-74.com/

jimmccall 09 Sep 2014
In reply to OP

Guidebook 'Le Rocher de la Chaux' available in the bookshop in Saint Jean d'Aulps (300m on the left after the tourist info office heading north towards Lac Leman). Price 8 euros. Saint Jean d'Aulps is 10 mins north of Les Gets. Take the last turn right as you leave the town, two mins up here, road takes a right bend, park on the left just before the bend, (gravel park area). Path up left to crag - 5 mins approx. plenty of sport routes (low, med, high) and two VF one introductory and one more advanced, with variation (named something to do with an elephant I think...) all very accessible and a good introduction to the area. Hope you have a good trip. Jim

Jack Geldard 10 Sep 2014
In reply to OP & Dave Garnett:

> Actually, it looks as if there may be a more recent guide: Giffre, Risse et Foron.

Yes, this is the guide you need. Very nice cragging in that valley.

Jack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...