UKC

Bunk house accommodation, North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 t_hume 09 Sep 2014
Can anyone recommend Bunk house type accommodation for a group of approx 20 adults. Price range £5-£7 per person per night.

Thanks
 tobykeep 09 Sep 2014
In reply to t_hume:
Ben's Bunkhouse between LLanberis and Nant Peris.

http://www.bensbunkhouse.co.uk/
Post edited at 18:51
 gethin_allen 09 Sep 2014
In reply to tobykeep:
Ben's is pretty good but a fair bit more than £7 if I remember correctly.

Snowdon house the other end on Nant perished sleeps about 18 iirc and was pretty cheap.

Just checked their website and it's changed a bit so now sleeps 14 and costs £295 for the weekend. There is camping space there so you could put a few in tents like we did when I took a group there ages ago.
Post edited at 20:00
 sheelba 09 Sep 2014
In reply to t_hume:

Both campsites in Ogwen have them. The one further from tryfan is much better and bigger (a really nice bunkhouse) but not sure about price or how many it sleeps. The West midlands mc have a great hut opposite Tryfan that is underused but you may have to be a CC member. Not sure what the situation is at the moment with Oggie cottage but there might be a chance they'll put you up. The chester mountaineering club also have an (apparently) nice hut at the bottom of Snowdon somewhere.
Topsey 10 Sep 2014
In reply to t_hume:

Could try Jessie James bunkhouse just outside llanberis www.jessiejamesbunkhouse.co.uk 01286 870521 not sure on charges.
holidayacco2t4 30 Sep 2014
 alasdair19 30 Sep 2014
In reply to t_hume:

at that price you'll need to look at climbing club huts the Climbers club have a few. ! also the Lancashire mountaineering club has is opening a new hut in Beddgelert. probably has 20 beds. my own club has a small terrace is Bethesda but it'd be too small. about 22 beds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...