UKC

household storage.......... How much???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0Unknown0 11 Sep 2014
How much would you expect to pay for the storage of the furnishings from a 2 bed house, usual stuff. For 6 months - 1 year?

Just wanna be sure I'm not having a stroke and this number is real!

I'd rather not say and wait for input.
 tony 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Dominicandave:

It's really expensive. When we were moving, 10 years ago or so, we were paying about £160 per month for a storage unit which had about half our furniture in it.
 jkarran 11 Sep 2014

Depends where you are of course but there are often other options that aren't the big storage companies. I found locally a farmer with a barn full of shipping containers (I actually wanted a workshop rather than storage) with power for not a lot of money, I forget how much but maybe £100/month for a 40ft container including electricity.

You could try looking/asking on gumtree for garage space.

jk
 Richard Wilson 11 Sep 2014

More than it would cost to replace most of it with new. Thin it down as much as you can & only store stuff you will still want in a years time.
 Greenbanks 11 Sep 2014
In reply to jkarran:

Containers & a local contact is the way to go. We stored for about 6 months at a local farm. The only thing to watch for (security is not an issue if you do it right) is the ensure you keep the place regularly ventilated - otherwise mildew etc. Of course, depends what you're storing as well. We placed high-value computer/camera & other equipment with friends - although they did have to get extra insurance for the 3 Post-Impressionist paintings...
 Run_Ross_Run 11 Sep 2014

While we were away travelling for 7 months we put 3 bedroom house contents into storage and were paying around £100 a month.
 mary 11 Sep 2014

I found somewhere eventually for £70 a month 20ft container.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...