UKC

Women Going Out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 11 Sep 2014
Why is it women always seem to take longer to get ready to go out than men do?

Whenever the Mrs. and I are going out I seem to be showered, dressed and ready to go half an hour at the most. The Mrs always seems to take about an hour. I am sitting in the hall with the car keys ready and she will come down after about fifty minutes saying "I'm not ready yet!"

Do other men have this problem?
Removed User 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

A friend's young son had a favourite joke for a while.

"Why do women wear makeup and perfume? Because they're ugly and they smell."

Then he reached a certain age.
 gribble 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Your Mrs is usually a lot quicker for me.
 Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

It's because it's 'exciting ' for them. When I used to go out with the mrs, she would start getting ready mid afternoon and still be an hour later than planned. This caused arguments so she just goes out with her mates now
OP mypyrex 11 Sep 2014
(I await num num's words of wisdom)
 Chris Murray 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Skol:

> ..she just goes out with her mates now

That what she tells you?
 Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Le Chevalier Mal Fet:
> That what she tells you?

Couldn't care less

Although, no word of a lie, there were a pair of big y fronts in the car boot.
Post edited at 19:51
 Tall Clare 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

In our house it's the other way round. Why is it men always seem to take longer to get ready to go out than women do?

Do other women have this problem?

Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:
I pity your situation. Is he meterosexual?
 Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

My mate occasionally turns up for a night out, has a bath, and has more toiletries than the mrs! I meet him down the pub.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> I am sitting in the hall with the car keys ready and she will come down after about fifty minutes saying "I'm not ready yet!"

Slow learner?

Chris
 FactorXXX 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Your Mrs wants to wise up and do what my ex used to do.
I'd invariably be ready way before we were due to go out. Whilst she was faffing about trying to beautify herself, I'd be running chores for her. A bit of ironing, fetching drinks, etc.
Here comes the clever bit, she used to wait until I'd sat down and then call out from the door "C'mon, aren't you ready, we'll be late...".
 Timmd 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:
> Slow learner?

> Chris

Yeah, my thoughts too. It's interesting when couples follow 'cycles' as it were, not noticing that they could decide to not get ready and wait and then be annoyed or annoy the other person, or whatever.
Post edited at 20:50
 Timmd 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:
> In our house it's the other way round. Why is it men always seem to take longer to get ready to go out than women do?

> Do other women have this problem?

A female family friend once commented on it being unusual to wait for a man. Erm...I'm not saying he's right though.

I don't go in for gender based generalisations. One brother takes longer than his wife, and the other one doesn't.

I either have a major faff or I'm ready very quickly, if I'm not focussed I'll take forever.
Post edited at 20:52
 tlm 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

> In our house it's the other way round. Why is it men always seem to take longer to get ready to go out than women do?

> Do other women have this problem?

I don't really see it as a problem. I just tell him I'm ready and then read a book or do something productive until he is ready...

Maybe it's because I'm content smelling and being ugly?
 Timmd 11 Sep 2014
In reply to tlm:

I think she was mimicking the OP to make a point.
 Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Timmd:

> A female family friend once commented on it being unusual to wait for a man. Erm...I'm not saying he's right though.

> I don't go in for gender based generalisations. One brother takes longer than his wife, and the other one doesn't.

> I either have a major faff or I'm ready very quickly...

I don't even bother to shit, shower and shave anymore. In fact I've gone out before I get in. You can scrub up in the morning

omerta 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
I know I'm a little bugger for doing this. The men I've been out with - and my partner now - have never been guilty of it. As a woman, I love to (occasionally) spend a load of time making myself look dead purty / sexy / glamorous - and my bloke normally* appreciates it muchly ; )

*sometimes, of course, he couldn't give a toss
Post edited at 20:58
 Timmd 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Skol:
I've inherited my Dad's disorganised genes, it's taken me till my early 30's to get a handle on them.

If I'm having a random day I'll take more than an hour to be ready, I go into a series of reveries and then look at the clock in surprise.

Or else I'm ready in half an hour. Getting to know oneself can be learning about quirks, it seems.
Post edited at 21:00
In reply to mypyrex:

> Why is it women always seem to take longer to get ready to go out than men do?

> Whenever the Mrs. and I are going out I seem to be showered, dressed and ready to go half an hour at the most.

30 mins? What are you doing? I'd expect to be half way through my first pint by then.

John_Hat 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Largely because society says that women should look beautiful, have make-up, jewelry, nice clothes, etc - and of course *never* get old, but demands little other of men than they turn up at the altar.

My own personal approach is to say to Lady Blue that if she could give me a yell when she's 10 minutes from ready it would be appreciated, at which point I will shower, shave and change and we'll be ready at the same time.

Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Timmd:

My mrs is like that. Her mum and dad have their own time zone in wales. They don't even bother to alter the clocks! I thought it would take a while to get used to their ways and the curse on their daughter, but I haven't
 Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to omerta:

> I know I'm a little bugger for doing this. The men I've been out with - and my partner now - have never been guilty of it. As a woman, I love to (occasionally) spend a load of time making myself look dead purty / sexy / glamorous - and my bloke normally* appreciates it muchly ; )

> *sometimes, of course, he couldn't give a toss

If your profile pic is of you looking rough, them don't bother getting ready!

King of the Backhanded Compliment
 Tall Clare 11 Sep 2014
In reply to tlm:

I'm only joking. The 'all women are like *this*' thing just annoyed me though...
 tlm 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

> I'm only joking. The 'all women are like *this*' thing just annoyed me though...

I always just feel sorry for anyone who has such limited experience of women...
 DancingOnRock 11 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

It's fairly simple. Agree a time that you are leaving the house. Work out how long it takes you to get ready and start to get ready so you are ready at the time agreed.

Then make a coffee, sit down and watch the TV until she's ready.

Don't forget to say "Wow, that was quick." And "You look stunning." When she makes her appearance. Try to make both comments sound sincere if you can.
 Yanis Nayu 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

> I'm only joking. The 'all women are like *this*' thing just annoyed me though...

The two I live with are (wife and daughter; I haven't got one of those alternative lifestyles). Drives me mad.
 omerta 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Skol:

> If your profile pic is of you looking rough, them don't bother getting ready!

You know I'm the one to the right of the picture as you look at it? Floppy ears and need to be let out in the garden to do a pooh?

omerta 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Malcolm Tucker's Sweary Aunt:

> The two I live with are (wife and daughter; I haven't got one of those alternative lifestyles).

Depends if they're both your aunt, too.

Yanis Nayu 11 Sep 2014
In reply to omerta:

> and need to be let out in the garden to do a pooh?

Know we know you're lying. You're not even house-trained...

Yanis Nayu 11 Sep 2014
In reply to omerta:

> Depends if they're both your aunt, too.

Ooh that's confused me.
 Skol 11 Sep 2014
In reply to omerta:

Don't be shy! 'Awww shucks and thanks' will do))

Blue Straggler 11 Sep 2014
In reply to tlm:

> I always just feel sorry for anyone who has such limited experience of women...

Really? Do you "feel sorry for" men in (say) their late seventies who have been blissfully married to the only woman in their life - their childhood sweetheart - for nigh on sixty years? As one could argue that they have a "limited experience of women".
 Timmd 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

I knew it had. ()
In reply to mypyrex:

It's a man problem. Many men don't have the gumption to sit an wait for their women to be fully ready, before starting getting ready themselves.,
 FreshSlate 12 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
I think that women have a often, a lot more to do. They might have to straighten their hair, apply makeup, perfume, choose and put in/on earings and jewelry.

If you're already showered, most men can literally just get changed. Just put on the T.V, and watch her get ready after you and say 'come on we're going to be late'.
Post edited at 06:49
 Ava Adore 12 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Does she wear make up? Do you?
Does she have to dry/style her hair? Do you?
Does she care what she wears? Do you?

Baffled how you can't see why frankly
 Trangia 12 Sep 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Your Mrs wants to wise up and do what my ex used to do.

> I'd invariably be ready way before we were due to go out. Whilst she was faffing about trying to beautify herself, I'd be running chores for her. A bit of ironing, fetching drinks, etc.

> Here comes the clever bit, she used to wait until I'd sat down and then call out from the door "C'mon, aren't you ready, we'll be late...".

Now that's a very familiar scenario!
 krikoman 12 Sep 2014
In reply to Ava Adore:

> Does she wear make up? Do you?

No, but it's just like colouring in, keep between the lines and it'll be fine, five minutes tops.

> Does she have to dry/style her hair? Do you?

What hair?

> Does she care what she wears? Do you?

Jeans or shorts.

> Baffled how you can't see why frankly

Me neither, or is that nor either? <confused again>

BAdhoc 12 Sep 2014
In reply to Timmd:

This is reassuring as I'm early 20's and have no grasp on my unorganisation levels yet.

However when at Uni and finished later than my flatmates at lectures I had shower/eat/dressed/makeup down to half an hour so I could share a taxi!
 Wingnut 12 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I am clearly missing something ... I always thought "getting ready to go out" meant hosing the mud off and finding a t-shirt that passed the sniff test ...
 Max factor 12 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

It's becuase she's got 'nothing to wear', and has to try on half her wardrobe. Twice.
Rigid Raider 12 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Earlier this year I had the dubious pleasure of entertaining, for almost a week, the teenage daughter of one of my African customers and her cousin who came to Manchester for a technical "education" at our company. It turned out to be a mind-numbingly frustrating time for me because every time I told them to be ready for pickup from their hotel at a certain time, they would be 30 to 60 minutes late, causing me massive inconvenience and annoyance. I can honestly say they were a pair of air-heads without a shred of interest in going into the father's company. Life for them consisted of going shopping at Primark, trying on clothes, jewellery and makeup and taking selfies then texting all their pals. I could never have given them a time then just turned up 45 minutes late myself because that would have been the one time when they would have made it on time.

(The lack of a suitable, interested and motivated inheritor is a common problem amongst my export customers. Most have sent their kids to UK or US to be educated and the kids now have zero interest in returning to their poxy country and running a mature business with little potential for growth but lots and lots of hassle.)

gd303uk 12 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I think the modern metro sexual man will or could take longer than many women/wives to get ready for a day out, I think I take longer than my wife as it is.

my advice to you is, start to get ready 30 minutes later than usual , to avoid sitting in the hall with car keys ready
In reply to Wingnut:

I though 'getting ready to go out' meant consulting the list of kit lists to see what needed packing...
 Alyson 13 Sep 2014
In reply to captain paranoia:

> I though 'getting ready to go out' meant consulting the list of kit lists to see what needed packing...

In our house, I seem to be the one who packs kit, maps, compass etc while my husband is busy loading his rucksack with enough food to fuel a 5-man exploration of Alaska.
In reply to mypyrex:
If my wife, whom i adore and cherish, is taking too long i politely take away her hairdryer/lipstick/mirror, work her kidneys and advise her that my fish, chips and peas are getting cold and that she better speed the f@ck up.

Im still married, anyone else want any tips?
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> If my wife is taking too long ...... i work her kidneys ...

Ever occur to you that there might be woman on this forum who have been subjected to domestic abuse and to whom such 'humour' (assuming that this was your intent) might not really seem very funny?
 beardy mike 13 Sep 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

My missus has a special trick she likes to play. What she does is she gets ready taking a while as she would do and ends up looking purdy/sexy/glamorous. She comes downstairs and tells me to stop olaying guitar as we'll be late, despite me having been ready for half an hour. I thengo and sit in the car whilst she mops the floor/hoovers/cleans something or other as obviously she couldn't do that any other time. And yeah, I know, I could have stopped playing guitar and mopped the floor but she also has a talent for mopping floors which don't actualy need mopping.
 Yanis Nayu 13 Sep 2014
In reply to Sally Bustyerface:

For the first time ever, I agree with you.
 Skol 13 Sep 2014
In reply to Sally Bustyerface:
It's actually on the rise for men too. 1:4 women , 1:6 men.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...