UKC

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Tablet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mountain Llama 12 Sep 2014
Hi Folks

Looking at buying a note tablet for the other halfs parents. Was thinking down this route as the tablet is design to be used with the stylus which will help with arthritic hands.

Was wondering if anyone had experience of the older model vs the 2014 version, quite a saving? Will mostly be used for email and surfing.

Thanks in advance Davey
In reply to Mountain Llama: Anyone?

crisp 13 Sep 2014
In reply to Mountain Llama:

Excellent tablet that is very easy to use. I only wish my father in law had bought one instead of a windows 8 laptop.
 RANGITOTO 13 Sep 2014

80 year old father in law has happily used the older model for 2+ years.
He finds the stylus pen easier than his arthritic fingers.
He is also struggling with his new windows 8 laptop much to his 11 year old grand daughters frustration!

Hope this helps.
 Mad Tommy 13 Sep 2014
I've got a 2013 version of the Note 10.1. It's much faster than any of the other tablets I've used, which is why I was happy paying that little bit extra. The fact that it can properly multi-task, having 2 windows open at once, is also great. For simple surfing and email, the 2013 version will be more than enough.

However, the stylus doesn't work with all programs, and can be difficult to use. This applies equally to the 2013 and the 2014 version, of course. Also, be aware that there isn't a working version of flash for the Note, or not that I've found, but this is a general android problem. If you are worried about arthritic hands, I would suggest getting a standard tablet pen or pointer (a couple of quid from Amazon: mine was a freebie from a company rep) rather than buying the Note for it's stylus function.

So, if you want a tablet that really is almost as fast/functional as a laptop, then the Note won't let you down, and my guess is the 2014 version is even faster. Just don't buy one just for the stylus function.

Many thanks for the feedback.

Mad Tommy - ok thanks for pointing out you can use a stylus on most tablets, now I am up to speed!!

Our folks have had a play with an iPad and seemed to get on ok with it, plus their friends have one which may work out well for IT help on tap, as we do not live close by.

Cheers Davey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...