UKC

Is there any trad climbing near Siurana?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Louise Stone 12 Sep 2014
I'll mainly be doing sport but interested if there are any trad crags and links to topos anyone knows of?
 Aigen 12 Sep 2014
In reply to Louise Stone: I do not know sorry, but going trad climbing when your in Siurana is like being in Italy and eating McDonalds.

Cathy 12 Sep 2014
In reply to Louise Stone:

It depends what you consider to be 'near'. Trad in Catalunya is normally found on multi-pitch routes and gets called 'adventure' which means bolt / peg belays (probably) and often a bolt or two at the crux but protecting the rest of the pitch is up to you.
 tom84 13 Sep 2014
In reply to Aigen:

thats ok, at least you left a helpful response eh! thats ukc for you though......
 Alun 13 Sep 2014

Surprisingly there are one or two trad lines in Siurana, where a natural crack line has been left unbolted. The nearest decent multipitch trad is further north in the Montsec (e.g. Montrebei), which is a couple of hours drive. Montserrat also has some scary trad (or 'spaced bolts'), about 90 mins drive away. Then the pyrenees is stuffed with trad, of course.

But FWIW I agree with cyberpunk's comment, or at least the sentiment of it. Siurana is inarguably one of the world's finest sport climbing destinations, asking about nearby trad is a little bit of a strange question.
OP Louise Stone 14 Sep 2014

Thanks all, I'm taking that as an overall no - just go ahead and enjoy the sport climbing ; )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...