UKC

Suunto Core resetting itself

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 14 Sep 2014
Hi. Has anyone ever experienced their Suunto Core resetting itself randomly? Every now and then I look at the watch and it has reset and is showing the 'time set' screen, with the digits flashing like it does when you are changing the time. All other functions have reset too.

Am guessing it's something to so with the battery connection.

Has anyone any experience of the speed etc of Suunto customer services & returns?

Watch is about 3 years old ish.

Cheers

Si
 pog100 14 Sep 2014
In reply to Si Withington:

When did you last change the battery? Most problems I have had have been due to a battery on its last legs. Seems to manifest itself in many odd ways.
 planetmarshall 14 Sep 2014

Replace the battery.
OP Si Withington 14 Sep 2014

I'll try it. Battery is pretty new and no battery level warning light. Saying that, the battery was from Aldi!
 NottsRich 15 Sep 2014

+1 for the battery.
 schloosh 15 Sep 2014

Mine does this and it's always the battery.
Batteries from the £ shop or really cheapo ones last about a month tops in my core.
A more expensive battery will last a year,
Removed User 15 Sep 2014

As others have said, it's the battery. Replace it with a decent one and it'll be good to go for a year+.
 Merlin 15 Sep 2014

Suunto may still replace it if it's faulty - I've had 3 new ones front them now (I only ever bought 1 in the first place!).
 Sam_Marsland 15 Sep 2014

Hi Si,

My core kept shutting down and resetting itself as well when it was around 2 years old (about a year ago). Bought a battery from facewest, really cheap and the correct power for the watch and so replaced it myself, had no problems since. Only concern I have now is I can't go into water as technically Suunto like you to send it back for them to replace so they can re-seal the watch.

Sam
 Robert Durran 15 Sep 2014

I once had that (or something very similar). New batteries made no difference. I ended up sending it to Suunto. They said it was a poor connection and would be about £100 to repair. alternatively I could pay for "sustainable" disposal. I ignored them and eventually got another second hand from someone on UKC.
 Nutkey 15 Sep 2014

> I'll try it. Battery is pretty new and no battery level warning light. Saying that, the battery was from Aldi!

You need to replace the battery AND the o-ring. Batteries vary in size and you need a new (i.e squishy) o-ring to take up the difference and prevent the battery bouncing around inside (which causes the reset due to temporary loss of power). That was my experience on the Suunto Vector at least. If you buy a new battery but use the old o-ring, you're reliant on them being the same thickness.
 dutybooty 16 Sep 2014

This happened to me. It was the battery.

I had another problem with my core when the light/lock button stopped working. Sent it to suunto. Sent me a new watch within a week. This was about 2 years after I bought the watch. I thought they were excellent.
OP Si Withington 16 Sep 2014

Thanks for the info, will try the battery & if that doesn't work, the O-ring. Then it's off to Suunto.

Ta la

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...