UKC

Broken Silva Compass - Leaking capsule

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 splat2million 14 Sep 2014
Does anyone know if Silva (or anyone else) can repair compasses?
I've a Silva Expedition 4 which is leaking from the capsule - very slowly but it has now reached the point at which the very large bubble interferes with the needle. There is no visible damage, but the compass has occasionally been in my pocket while scrambling so may well have been damaged by a knock at some point.
I know it is not the most expensive bit of gear in my bag, but it would be nice to repair rather than replace it.
The Silva website has a US and Canadian number to call for this, but I can't find any UK contact (although I have filled in their online form and am waiting to hear back).
 JamButty 14 Sep 2014
In reply to splat2million:

Never tested it, but I've heard Silva always repair/replace damaged compasses.
Let us know if its true!
davebryan1970 14 Sep 2014
UK Distributor

Silva Ltd
Email: info@silva.ltd.uk

Alternatively a new one with your 15% BMC discount at Cotswold outdoor would cost £28.50
Post edited at 20:19
 girlymonkey 14 Sep 2014

I have had a couple replaced by Silva. As long as they are less than 5 years old, and they can tell you on the phone as the letters on the back correspond to dates of manufacture. Really easy and hassle free
 PN82 14 Sep 2014

All silva compasses come with a 5 year warranty, my expedition 4 developed a bubble so I drove to the offices and swapped it for a new one there and then. Email/call silva and then will tell you if its within 5 years old. There is a backlog with warranty replacements so it may take a few week. The date for the compass is determined by the 2 small letters in between the red north arrow on the base plate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...