UKC

Is it too early to speculate about the Worlds?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 14 Sep 2014
Obviously no speculation needed on the men's TT.

The RR looks interesting, some saying the course is easier than expected but others warning it still contains a significant amount of climbing. Either way it isn't a pure sprinters course but should suit someone with a kick who can get over the climbs.

It's always a bit of a lottery but who's in form?

Gerrans is looking really good and Michael Matthews had some great form early in the Vuelta.

Dan Martin has some form but probably not tough enough for him and the downhill run in wont suit him.

Kristoff is getting the big up but might be too much climbing for him. If guys like Kristoff are in with a chance then Degenkolb can also haul himself over a climb or two.

And team GB? Nae chance. Maybe a Yates in a break for a bit is the best we can hope for.

elsewhere 14 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

Field Marshall Montgomery are beyond speculation for 2014.

http://www.theworlds.co.uk/
OP DaveHK 14 Sep 2014
In reply to elsewhere:

I don't beleive we have a piping forum.
 elsewhere 14 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

I honestly didn't believe there was another worlds...
 Chris the Tall 15 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

Always hard to predict how these races will pan out, but hopefully the GB team will improve on the shambles of last year. The way Froome has improved towards the end of the vuelta is encouraging, but the course doesn't really suit him.

Funny thing is the notion of using the vuelta to prepare, but saw a stat this morning that only 2 riders have won the WC after finishing on the podium in the vuelta (since it moved Aug/Sep).

I suppose lumpy/sprint finish will favour Kristoff, Degenkolb or even Sagan, depending on what sort of shape he's in. Maybe he was rubbish in the vuelta on purpose ?
 steev 15 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

Team GB do have Ben Swift who's been pretty good at this kind of course this year. Not convinced he can win it but for me 'Nae Chance' is a bit strong.

I think Kristoff if the weather's bad or an Aussie if it's good.
 Dark-Cloud 16 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

> Dan Martin has some form but probably not tough enough for him and the downhill run in wont suit him.

I am sure Dan Martin will have something negative to say about the course, he usually does...........too many corners, too dangerous, too fast blah blah.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...