UKC

Gear Tags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnboybuchan 15 Sep 2014
Hi does anyone know of a manufacturer of ID tags for gear? cheers JB
 smuffy 15 Sep 2014
In reply to johnboybuchan:

http://www.toughtags.co.uk/
These are superb.
 GridNorth 15 Sep 2014

I've given up on any form of "tape", it always ends up coming off or fraying round the edges and catching on things so I'm always concious of it being there. I use nail varnish on hardware.
 Stevie989 15 Sep 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

+1 for nail varnish.
 Rick Graham 15 Sep 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

Nail Varnish. Works Well.

The female contribution to climbing gear development?

Well, someone had to have the guts to suggest it
 GridNorth 15 Sep 2014
In reply to Rick Graham:

You know me Rick, I'm not proud but I did send my wife for it.

Al
 mrdigitaljedi 15 Sep 2014

cant beat nail varnish, doesnt wear off as fast as tape, also something satisfying about using it on your gear(or is that just me?)
 Mr Trebus 15 Sep 2014

The great thing about tough tags is that they have your name and contact details on it. I have got kit back as a result of them and a pal has had an axe returned also.

They will eventually fray, but they are very cheap compared to gear. For me, tape or paint is only really good for splitting your gear from a mates.
johnboybuchan 15 Sep 2014
In reply to smuffy:

Excellent! just what i was Looking for.
 Ann S 15 Sep 2014

I've been recommending Toughtags for years and have had gear returned.

You can chose the tag colour. Mine are yellow so they stand out clearly and it gives me a chance of spotting them when I fumble a misclip.
 GridNorth 15 Sep 2014
In reply to Ann S:

I have had these in the past and they worked well when karabiners were essentially, uniformly round in shape. I don't think they are very good with the modern hot forged krabs that have recesses in the moulding.
 jpc1 24 Sep 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

I have just bought a set of tags and would also recommend tough tags http://www.toughtags.co.uk/ They seem to work fine for me on all my kit including on my modern krabs that have recesses in the moulding. Hoping that any gear lost in the future finds its way back to me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...