UKC

Hard Rock edition differences

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tk421 16 Sep 2014
Are there any major differences in the 3 editions of Ken Wilson's Hard Rock? Beyond dust cover? Can't seem to find anything. I know classic rock had a big update but anything between the 1974 1st edition and the 1992 3rd edition?

Thanks
 Bob 16 Sep 2014
In reply to tk421:

I think there was a new or updated editorial piece to reflect the free ascents of The Scoop and Kilnsey Main Overhang but the actual writing about each route hasn't changed to the best of my knowledge. Maybe some of the grades have been brought in to line with current thoughts but don't have the books to hand so can't check on that.
OP tk421 16 Sep 2014
In reply to tk421:
Cheers,
Assume the photos all the same as well?
Thanks
 Bob 16 Sep 2014
In reply to tk421:

Dunno - I've only got the second edition so haven't compared.
 Mark Collins 16 Sep 2014
In reply to tk421:

Compare the three editions side by side to notice subtle differences in the photographs. You will find that one of the images in the three is unique. Identify all the unique images across the three volumes, remove them from the books, say some suitable words under a full moon, and Aleister Crowley will appear
In reply to tk421:

The last edition had quite a few colour photos added. VG have bought the rights and may produce a revamped edition to replect the fact that one route has fallen down and another is threatening too - but don't hold your breath.
 Bulls Crack 16 Sep 2014
In reply to tk421:

If you read all 3 backwards consecutively at 33 and s 1/3 wpm it spells out: 'Ken Wilson loves bolts'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...