UKC

Finding Work and Board in the Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Throwaway101 17 Sep 2014
I'm a young UK based instructor who thinks it's about time he started working towards becoming a guide (career progression and all), and is therefore considering moving to the Alps.

I think that the ideal situation would be to find a job (anything really) which requires a 3-5 day working week and also offers accommodation. This would allow me to spend a chunk of my time bagging peaks and routes while supporting myself financially. After much searching however I've only been able to find positions related to the skiing industry (chalet maintenance and bar work ect) which require longer working weeks with less hours each day.

Has anybody else just upped and left in search of alpine dreams?
Does anybody have any advice, links or tips for me?

Thanks

I've used a throwaway account because I would have been recognised on my main account, and haven't decided to move for certain yet.
In reply to Throwaway101:

Hi
I upped and move to the alps, drop me a mail and we can chat?

Cheers Rob
 Pete Houghton 17 Sep 2014
In reply to Throwaway101:

Yo,

Lots of people out here seem to have great success as transfer drivers from the airports to the towns and resorts. A lot of people do 3 or 4 day working weeks, with their days off falling consecutively. That might be a good option to look into.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...