UKC

Alpine and European Climbing Guidebooks

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
green woods 17 Sep 2014
premier post photo
Alpine and European Climbing Guidebooks 1863 - 2013 A Collectors Guides

Published on the 9th September, this book documents all English language guidebooks to the Alps and other Alpine regions of Europe. There are also sections dealing with Ski Mountaineering and Via Ferrata guidebooks. The final section details all European Rock Climbing guidebooks either written in English or with a substantial English element.

Each book is described in detail and almost all have a thumb nail photograph of the guides front cover.

Book Details:
Written by Alan Moss, Peter Haigh and Nigel Baker
230 x 155 mm, 218 pp,
case bound, dust jacket, ribbon marker,
Green Woods Publishing
ISBN: 9780956415325
£22.50 & £2.50 p&p
ALL PROFITS ARE GOING TO OUR LOCAL CHILDRENS HOSPICE

Please contact me if you want further details or some sample pages.
In reply to green woods:

PMd you, but been having some issues with this facility lately. What's the procedure for actually getting hold of the book?

Martin
In reply to maisie:

Hello? Would love to buy this book, but am being met with resounding silence.
green woods 02 Oct 2014
In reply to maisie:

Martin,

Sorry not had any PM's from the site, so my apoligises
if your still interested contact me at green_woods_publishing@yahoo.co.uk

Mossy
 Mike C 06 Oct 2014
In reply to green woods:

Alan, thanks for sending my copy out so quickly, great book (number 26 of 100!), most impressed with the presentation, even after the British guide bibliography. What's next?
Mike.
green woods 06 Oct 2014
Mike,

I'm taking a back seat, Peter Haigh is working on a bibliography of caving guidebooks, but that's 18 - 24 months away. I have also heard from an Australian who has been provoked into doing a similar job on Australian guidebooks, again years away.

Mossy

bantamdave 09 Oct 2014
In reply to green woods:

Alan
Being a very keen collector I now have four of your UK books all with supplements.
The addition of five Alpine books may seem over the top however these books are a must for a collector. An invaluable asset that I use on a daily basis. The Alpine book being a signed limited edition of just 100 copies will in my opinion become highly collectable in its own right. Is it a well known supermarket uses the phrase “when they are gone they are gone” I’m so pleased to have purchased 5% of the print run
Thanks Alan
Dave Price
green woods 17 Oct 2014
In reply to green woods:

Over 75 have now been sold, less than 25 left, so if your interested get in quick.

Mossy

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...