UKC

Scarpa returns

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Carol Goodall 18 Sep 2014
Does anyone know if Scarpa have a good returns policy? I have a pair of Scarpa Crux approach shoes which are 10 months old. I'm a weekend climber and used them as approach shoes and occasionally to work or around town.

The lining at the back of the heel has broken down so before going throught eh hassle and cost of sending them back to shop/Scarpa I want to know if anyone has experience of Scarpa's returns policy in similar matters. Will this be classed as a manufacturing default, in which case I would hope to get a repair or replacement, or wear and tear?
 Sunny 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Carol Goodall:

Hi

I returned a pair of Scarpa Ranger boots in 2006 because the inside of the sole was breaking down, becoming lumpy & painful to walk on. I'd had several pairs of the same boot & knew that this didn't usually happen even after years of wear. Can't remember exactly how old they were but maybe around 2 years & I'd probably worn them weekly for hill/mountain walks. I bought them at Ellis Brigham & they were returned via EB to the Mountain Boot Company (as Scarpa agent in UK)who were very good & replaced them without any hassle.

splat2million 18 Sep 2014

I returned a pair of Scarpa Cyclone boots that I'd had for about 6 months and were starting to come apart. I'd used them very regularly although they were not very old. I went through their website customer support section.
They were very quick to respond, really helpful, and allowed me to pay the difference to upgrade to a more hard-wearing model.
I was really happy with the way they handled my problem, and the outcome.
 Stash 18 Sep 2014

To be honest with you Carol,

I've had a pair of the same shoes. They lasted around the same amount of time before the inside around the heel wore through.
I used to wear them for casual and work. they never gave me any problems blister wise on the heel.
Every pair of shoes I have had that i wear casually/ work wear through on the heel inside but his is my fault as i dont tighten the laces as I should.

They never give me blisters or cause pain, I take it as my own problem for not having the shoes tight in the first place.

After all the wear is from friction with your foot moving in the shoe.

Its up to you if this a problem you can live with??

StuDoig 18 Sep 2014

Hi Carol,
I've returned a pair of boots to them as I thought they were too leaky (Fabric B3 type boots) and they refunded with no quibble.

Cheers,

Stuart
 Neil Williams 18 Sep 2014

Do you generally wear shoes down at the back of the heel? I do - I get through running shoes about every 2-3 months, and it always fails there, whatever the brand. I've taken it that it's not the shoes at fault but an unusual foot shape or gait.

Neil
 Si Withington 18 Sep 2014

Returned some Phantom Guides recently. Potential leak. Scarpa couldn't find an issue but a new pair are currently en route. Great service and loyalty to their customer.
OP Carol Goodall 19 Sep 2014

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Really good to know Scarpa deal with equipment faults well.

Happy climbing
 misterb 19 Sep 2014

i would look at the overall condition of the shoe, if the rest of the shoe and sole look a bit tired i think that the issue of wear is less likely to be seen as a warranty case and more likely wear and tear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...