UKC

Indy ref exit poll

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nw 18 Sep 2014
Just voted. No. Other half voted Yes.
 balmybaldwin 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

Looks like its neck and neck then
 MG 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

You could have agreed to both not bother.
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
In reply to MG:

Yes, I have got the maths to figure that out thanks. In fact, suggested it but she was keen.
 malky_c 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

This is what we are going to do later. Was thinking of tricking her into agreeing not to vote, then voting anyway, but she's unlikely to fall for that!
 Bob 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

Neighbouring farm to where I grew up was run by two brothers. One was staunchly Conservative so the other would vote Labour to counteract his vote as he didn't believe any of the candidates were good enough to run the country.
 MG 18 Sep 2014
In reply to malky_c:

Ah, but are you falling for it!?
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
In reply to malky_c:

That would have marriage ending potential here!
 skog 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

To help build a more accurate running total, I can reveal that my wife and I have voted yes, while a couple of good friends in Dunblane voted No.

Does anyone know whether the number of registered voters in Scotland is even, or odd?
 Bruce Hooker 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

Just a question off subject, why are they called "Polling places" now, instead of "Polling Stations"?
 graeme jackson 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
> (In reply to nw)
>
> Just a question off subject, why are they called "Polling places" now, instead of "Polling Stations"?

because there are no engines?
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
The one I just went to had 'Polling Station' outside.

Post edited at 13:28
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
In reply to skog:

> To help build a more accurate running total, I can reveal that my wife and I have voted yes, while a couple of good friends in Dunblane voted No.

> Does anyone know whether the number of registered voters in Scotland is even, or odd?

50/50 then - verified.
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
In reply to skog:

4,285,323 according to the BBC. But we all know they are not to be trusted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29238890
 MG 18 Sep 2014
Always* been polling places in some places - I remember asking the same question when at school

*I realize, given your great age, "always" may have different meanings for you and me!
Post edited at 13:34
 Banned User 77 18 Sep 2014
In reply to MG:

Bookies have it as 1:6 No compared to 4:1 for a yes..

One even has 3:20 for a No..
 dek 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

> 50/50 then - verified.

Have you factored in, the ' Nicola Sturgeon Loves the Boabie' papers?...is it a yes or a no?
 Bruce Hooker 18 Sep 2014
In reply to MG:

I saw it on the lunchtime news and the BBC web site... "places" seems a bit "kiddies" English, that's all. Cultural differences I suppose.
 malky_c 18 Sep 2014
In reply to MG:

Definitely not...mind you, she has the car and my polling card, so she could make it more awkward for me.
 Andes 18 Sep 2014

In this small town we have one Polling Place that contains 4 different Polling Stations.
 Bruce Hooker 18 Sep 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> Bookies have it as 1:6 No compared to 4:1 for a yes..

> One even has 3:20 for a No..

Another daft question, is that 1:6 meaning the think this is the most likely result or the opposite?

At 1:6 If you put £6 on a No and it is you get £7 back.. your £6 bet plus £1.. so they think it will be a no..

At 4:1 If you put £1 on a Yes and it is, you get £5 back, the £4 plus your £1. So £10 on a no which happens will land you £50.

Worth a punt on a Yes vote at those odds..
 Bruce Hooker 18 Sep 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Thanks, my Dad would be ashamed of me, but I can never remember, he would have said "6 to 1 on" in this case. So at least the bookies, or their punters anyway, think the no is favourite, which I find reassuring.

On the other hand I'm amazed to see campaigning going on right up to the voting places (got it right this time), in France this is completely banned and would lead to a revote. On the other hand revoting a referendum is a bit heavy.
 BigHairyIan 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

er, Bruce; 6:1 on is a massive favourite!
 skog 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

> 4,285,323 according to the BBC. But we all know they are not to be trusted.

Lying fearmongerers. I know for a fact that 6,391,934 voters have registered in Govan alone.

yeah 6 to one on is a massive favourite.. this is one to six on..

The Yes is 4 to one on..

It is affected by how the betting is going but only partly.. they wouldn't have a favourite horse at 10:1 no matter how few people had bet on it..
 dek 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Clauso:

> Salmond has voted no:

Well he still has his acting career, to fallback on...
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/5730613/Shrek-v-Eck.h...
 kathrync 18 Sep 2014
In reply to nw:

> Just voted. No. Other half voted Yes.

There's a house in Aberdeen which has a Yes sign in one window pane and a No sign in the adjacent window pane. Underneath is a hand-written sign which just says "we don't talk much any more".
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
In reply to kathrync:
It was all very calm and rational until the last few days. Now, after one fairly heated discussion we are not talking pros and cons any more.
In reply to nw:

Favourite window display so far has been AYE don't NO thanks from the neighbours, they've been having fun by taking the opposite stance to everyone that's tried to persuade them.
OP nw 18 Sep 2014
In reply to 65m moderate millington:
yes 0
no 0
0/32 declared

It's still neck and neck!
Post edited at 22:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...