UKC

Goddess of Gloom cleaned

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kafoozalem 18 Sep 2014
I spent 4 happy hours dangling on a rope cleaning the second pitch of this Devon classic today. This pitch has been the site of many epics in recent years because all the cracks had filled with soil and vegetation. There are now holds and gear placements to facilitate upward movement towards a pretty clean and really exposed top pitch. The bottom pitch has always remained clean. It is slightly harder than it's neighbour Moonraker. Enjoy it whilst it is in good nick.
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Bloody hell! Good effort Pete! I remember leading that pitch when I did the route as my first ever sea-cliff route and I found it absolutely terrifying!

Go do the route whilst you can - the cleaning of this pitch gives another worthwhile trad line in this amazing crag!

Dunc
 The Pylon King 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Well done Pete!
 Cusco 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Awesome Pete.

The second pitch was disgustingly dirty when I did it some years ago and I went up the 4b crack instead.

Much to Justin's bemusement, I put slings around virtually every sea cabbage. Seemed more bomber than the chossy disgusting crack!

The first pitch has a tough crux - much harder than Moonraker. The last pitch has great positions.

So if you've done GoG, are Canis and Capstan next on the list?!!
OP Kafoozalem 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Cusco:

Ha ha - no chance. I'm working on S Devon limestone for the next guide but it will be years in development.

I don't think there is much merit in trying to stay out of the crack. It climbs best up the crack and the wall immediately to its left and you can go direct to the left side of the pedestal belay.
 Tom Last 18 Sep 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Quality Pete, great work & thanks!
 Toerag 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Well done - I'm not likely to climb it anytime soon, but anyone doing crag maintenance deserves a pat on the back
 Andy2 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Well done, and thank you. I hope to climb it soon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...