UKC

Haul bag strap release & access - tip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 natetan 19 Sep 2014
I used this technique whilst doing solo stuff in Yosemite this spring - seems a pretty simple way to get in and out of your haul bag when fully loaded so I thought I would share it..

youtube.com/watch?v=3QkUsc--lYs&

steveej 24 Sep 2014
In reply to natetan:
serious question....wouldn't the bag be docked at the belay with a docking cord? therefore no problem getting in and out of the bag?
Post edited at 15:14
OP natetan 24 Sep 2014
In reply to steveej:

It essentially avoids a docking cord requirement. I prefer to have the bag connected directly to the haul line as less room for error and it delivers a simpler and (in my mind) a cleaner set-up - rather than two docking cords.

I have actually been using a 100m haul line which I would tie the bag off at 70m giving me a 30m lower-out line that I just let trail and use for munter mule etc..
 steveej 24 Sep 2014
In reply to natetan:
> (In reply to steveej)
>
> It essentially avoids a docking cord requirement. I prefer to have the bag connected directly to the haul line as less room for error and it delivers a simpler and (in my mind) a cleaner set-up - rather than two docking cords.

So what do you use to dock the bag at the anchor? Surely you have to get the main pulley back and the only way to do this is to dock the bag one way or another.

I see your point about prefering to tie the haul line direct to the bag, but then I'm confused by your point below....
>
> I have actually been using a 100m haul line which I would tie the bag off at 70m giving me a 30m lower-out line that I just let trail and use for munter mule etc..

I do the same with a 75m tieing it off at 60m to give a 50 ft lower out line. The bag gets tied in with two back to back screw gates. What does yours get tied in with?

Not being picky just keen to understand your system.

Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...