UKC

Orange Livebox

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pyreneenemec 20 Sep 2014
Question for our computer experts :

I just changed my DSL modem ( ethernet/Windows 8.1) for an Orange Livebox Play ( Livebox 3 ) to benefit from unlimited calls, a faster connection speed, WiFi and save a few bob as well. Unfortunately, living out in the sticks means limited speeds, nevertheless I had 2.5 Mo download and 0.8 Mo upload with the modem. Currently, with the Livebox I'm only getting 1.35 M, down from 1.8 Mo when I first connected it last weekend. Orange have only given some weak arguments to explain such poor performance. Their technician was here yesterday and gave my installation the thumbs-up. He found that the line gave 2.7 Mo but was at a loss to explain why the Livebox only gave 1.35 Mo ( or didn't want to say). If I reconnect the modem, I still get 2.5 Mo. Apparently there are problems with the line but no mention of what they are going to do about it !

Any ideas as to what is causing the problem ? Has my Livebox been clamped ?
I had the Dynamic Line Management ( DLM) removed a couple of years ago and have enjoyed problem-free use ever since. Perhaps it has been reinstated with the Livebox ?

I hesitated a long time before changing as the Livebox does not enjoy a good reputation. Any advice / ideas much appreciated.

OP Pyreneenemec 21 Sep 2014
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

Oh well, one can only try !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...