UKC

NEW REVIEW: North Wales Limestone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 22 Sep 2014
North Wales Limestone cover, 4 kbInternational Mountain Guide and North Wales local Steve Long has got his hands on the new North Wales Limestone guide published by On Sight Publishing and gives us his thoughts on this much-anticipated book.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6679
 snoop6060 22 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Yes, result....about bloody time

Will be ordering.
 Ramon Marin 22 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Finally! looks insanely good
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just had a gander at one in v12 this morning. Great work and worth the effort/delays!
In reply to UKC Gear:

Been waiting ages for this!
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:

Picked mine up today! Woohoo! Finally! Looks great!
 Tom F Harding 23 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looks really good, particularly that Aerial photo on p.308 Looking forward to having a proper look through it. Thank you to all guidebook writers and the work they put in.
 fried 24 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Fantastic work getting it finished.
 chris j 24 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looks good, well done Pete! Can't wait to get my hands on it.
 aphex 24 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

well psyched for this
 neilh 25 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Got mine yesterday.The section on the Ormes etc is excellent.If I am honest I felt the coverage of the A55 crags was just about OK. IMHO the existing A55 guides do a better and clearer job. I am also not sure it was a good idea to include the main bit of Forwen.

Minor gripes I know.
Keith Scarlett 25 Sep 2014
In reply to neilh:

For real - I only saw the draft to Llanddulas for example but this looked superb?
 Rob Davies 06 Oct 2014
In reply to neilh:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> Got mine yesterday.The section on the Ormes etc is excellent.If I am honest I felt the coverage of the A55 crags was just about OK. IMHO the existing A55 guides do a better and clearer job.

"They [i.e. the new North Wales Limestone guidebook team] have done a really good job on the A55 crags" - Neil Hyde, 5 October 2014.

"You say I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself (I am large, I contain multitudes)." - Walt Whitman, c. 1880.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...