UKC

Have you climbed in Frankenjura, Germany?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
google mapHave you climbed in this area, or do you have the guidebook? We are missing map locations for the following crags, so it would be great if you could add them. You don't need to be a crag moderator - simply click on the crag name, then position it on the map of that area. You can fill in other crag details at the same time if you want to.

Map locations make it so much easier for users to find crags when searching, as well as spotting duplicate crags that are in the same location. We also have a big list of all the world climbing areas that are missing crag map locations:
- http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/wanted2.html

Many thanks!

AlanLittle 22 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Logbooks:
Yes I have, and will be doing so this weekend weather permitting. I have three different editions of Frankenjura guidebooks on the shelf in front of me, all with GPS coordinates for the crags. Which your software doesn't allow me to enter, expecting me instead to fart about dragging and dropping marker points on rather poor maps. So f*ck that, frankly.

I made the same comment on a similar query before but was ignored. If at first you don't succeed ...
Post edited at 19:47
 jimtitt 23 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Logbooks:

Somebody is copying word-for-word the crag descriptions from a copyright guidebook into the logbooks.
In reply to jimtitt:

Can you point out where please?
 jimtitt 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Wasserstein to start with, I´ll let you check all the rest!
In reply to AlanLittle:

I've added the facility to directly enter Lat/Lng values on the crag update page.

Thanks for any help you can offer with the database.
In reply to jimtitt:

I don't have any guides for Frankenjura I'm afraid.
 jimtitt 23 Sep 2014

I could ask the guidebook publishers lawyers to check through for any other examples I suppose.
 AlanLittle 23 Sep 2014

> I've added the facility to directly enter Lat/Lng values on the crag update page.

Excellent, thanks. Will enter some this evening.
 AlanLittle 23 Sep 2014
In reply to AlanLittle:

I gave it my best shot, but

> We don't accept submissions from your machine which has recently been used to send spam

No it hasn't. Tried to help, giving up now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...