UKC

Climbing & Surfing in Sunshine in November...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Braintax 22 Sep 2014
Climbing & Surfing in Sunshine in November... Ok so that says it all really. Any suggestions?

I want to take myself off for two weeks to climb harder, ideally with surf too!!

Thanks!

Dam
 Iain Peters 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:
Go South and West to Cornwall and Devon. Both surf and climb eminently possible and this year the sea water temperature is very high so will stay that way through November. Given sunshine any S or SW facing crag will be climbable.
Post edited at 12:19
 g1m147 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

California has it all.

Have a good fortnight.

Gary.
OP Braintax 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Have to say if it was a bit earlier in the year I would be straight to the South West.

California is a really interesting option, I sort of ruled it out as I thought it would involve tons of travel between surf and climbing... but i should really look at it a bit more carefully! Anyone got any local insight here? I'm solo so climb club or similar?
 llanberis36 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

The algarve

g1m147 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Check out the west coast of Portugal, around Sagres.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Having been here for 10 days on my 1st visit I would suggest Corsica, great climbing, mountains, beaches and surf,

Chris
 DWS gibraltar 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Morocco!
 Jim Hamilton 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Tenerife ?
 mark catcher 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax: Another vote for Corsica; take a camper though ideally.

In reply to Braintax:

I hear the surfing is pretty good in Agadir, and it's only a couple of hours' drive from Tafraout.
OP Braintax 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Thanks guys... its looking like Morocco is a good bet! ... now to find a climbing partner
 redjerry 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Braintax:

Nov is usually a good month for surfing in California. Tends not to be huge, but often consistent mix of late S and early NW swells...couple of hundred miles of coast with classic rights every few miles. JTree is 2.5 hrs from the Coast. Red Rocks about 4.5. Often great cragging in yosemite that time of year...nice crisp climbing in the sun, and best of all.... no tourists.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...