UKC

Lake District Wild Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ClimberChes 23 Sep 2014
Hi all,

Myself and a mate are climbing at the lake district this weekend. Can anyone recomomend some good crags and some good spots for wild camping near to them. I have spoke to the BMC Representative for the lake district area and he assures me that wild camping is ok on the fells.

Thanks in atticipation for your help.
In reply to ClimberChes:

Grisedale and Easedale tarns are good spots for wild camping, though not sure what access to crags you will have from either.
 GrahamD 23 Sep 2014
In reply to ClimberChes:

Upper Eskdale
 Tony the Blade 23 Sep 2014
In reply to ClimberChes:

Esk Hause (GR: NY234082)
 Root1 23 Sep 2014
In reply to ClimberChes:

Hollowstones for scafell and pikes crags. Styhead Tarn for the Napes and Kern Knotts.
ClimberChes 23 Sep 2014
In reply to All:

Thank you all for your responses. I think we have Friday sorted its Saturday night we're looking for somewhere. We are going to be climbing Napes on Sunday so ideally somewhere near there would be great. but anywhere near buttermere would suffice.
 london_huddy 23 Sep 2014
In reply to ClimberChes:

Sty Head sees more than a little camping traffic so if you do go there, consider water sources around and about as very suspect.

ClimberChes 23 Sep 2014
In reply to london_huddy:

Thanks Andrew, Will bear that in mind
 london_huddy 23 Sep 2014
In reply to ClimberChes:

No worries - There are other nice spots to the NW (e.g. NY 200 106) which are higher and quieter but you need to go a bit further for water.

Have fun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...