UKC

parking near penrith station ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 23 Sep 2014
i need to leave the car for the day, about 7.30a.m until about 5 a.m the next day ,anybody know where i can park , for free hopefully ?
 balmybaldwin 23 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:

£8 for the day at the station....

or at the back of the station Norfolk Rd/B5288 doesn't appear to have parking restrictions
 Ridge 23 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:

Parking bays opposite the Station on the A592 Ullswater road didn't have any restrictions a few months ago. They tend to fill up very quickly though.

OP mike123 23 Sep 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:
£8 would be fine, but the way i read the charging structure it might be more like £24 for the time i will be there and I wanted a back up.
OP mike123 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Ridge:
thanks, hopefully thats wherei will leave it.
 ByEek 23 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:

It is a small town. Looks like plenty of free street parking within 10 minute walk.
 Mountain Llama 23 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:
Morrisons is just down the road, combine it with if shopping?
 balmybaldwin 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Mountain Llama:

Supermarkets tend to have limits on them enorced by cameras these days (no idea if that one has or not)
 Carolyn 23 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:

The estate of offices behind the Environment Agency building? The proper spaces in the car parks are all allocated parking, but during the day there are always cars parked on the access road (ie across the main road from Go Outdoors access), which doesn't appear to have any yellow lines/restrictions. Not too much of a walk to the station.
 Carolyn 23 Sep 2014
In reply to ByEek:

A good chunk of the street parking is disc zones though, limited to 1 or 2 hours.
OP mike123 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Carolyn:
thanks Carolyn, i m fairly sure most of the residential close by is disc, did nt want to be searching around at 6.30 am all bleary eyed and grumpy , hence the post
 Carolyn 23 Sep 2014
In reply to mike123:

I certainly intend to abandon mine at work (ie where I described) early on Thursday rather than hunt for other places!

Booths car park doesn't appear to have any great restrictions, but overnight might be pushing it.
 goose299 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Ridge:

This is the one
 MeMeMe 24 Sep 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

You get two hours at the Morrisons and it's enforced with cameras (as I know to my cost...)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...