UKC

Buoux in December

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Yo yo,
Want some winter sun and have read that Buoux is climbable in December. With flight less than half the price of Spain and other warmer destinations I wanted to know;

Have you climbed at Buoux in December?
How was it?
Would you do it again?

Thanks,
H
Post edited at 19:43
 Morgan Woods 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Henry Connor:

I think it could be quite cold or you might get lucky. St Leger seems to be the provencal winter sun destination of choice.

For guaranteed climbing I would go to spain.
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Cheers! I think I'm gonna risk it and check out Buoux. Love pockets and not keen on yarding on jug fests..... Love climbing history and all it brings. Also, can't quite bring myself to add to the profits of Ryanair or Easyjet. X-mas is looking wayxpensivo!
 Morgan Woods 24 Sep 2014

yep it is good for all that :p
 tjekel 25 Sep 2014

If climbing history is on your mind, you may also have a look at mtgne. Ste. Victoire, sector deux aiguilles ... incredibly staff considering when it has been climbed (and how), mainly slabs for a change and not to far away.
 Dave Garnett 25 Sep 2014

I've climbed a few times at Buoux at Christmas / New Year. It was fine - in fact, perfect, during the day without being too hot, although it does get dark quite early (and quickly!) and it's freezing once the sun goes down. I've generally had worse weather at Easter (wet).

I recall doing Pilier des Fourmis as jolly party of 4 at New Year and a great night in the auberge just below the route.

Jon Read 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Dave Garnett:

I'm in agreement with Dave; although it can be wet (like anywhere in southern europe at that time of year), I actually found it too hot to climb on new years day 2012. Enjoy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...