UKC

Aid practice venue South Lakes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
captainfire576 24 Sep 2014
Hi,

I am looking for a spot in the South Lakes to practice Aid Climbing.

No I know it's cheating and the climbing Nazis will shoot me down in flames but I don't want to get halfway up the Eiger in a snow storm and then try and work out how my aiders work!

Ideally I am looking for a low angle bolt ladder. I have considered a climbing wall but I recon I will get a load of abuse. I good crack line that will take bomber protection would do.

Suggestions?
 Bob 24 Sep 2014
In reply to captainfire576:

Maybe somewhere that doesn't get a lot of traffic. Upper Spout Crag http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=3122 might be a goer. You get to do some clean aid and the routes get a tidy up in the process.

Can't imagine too many people will be up in arms, if you aid it on nuts & cams.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=51903
 Bradders 24 Sep 2014

Kendal climbing wall has a section for aid climbing with pegable cracks etc, maybe worth ringing and asking I you can use it?
captainfire576 25 Sep 2014

thanks. I will look into the wall and upper scout!
 Baron Weasel 25 Sep 2014

There is a bolt ladder in hodge close between cellar dwellars and the plunger. Cheat stick or combined tactics useful for 1st bolt then bolt ladder with a few high steps (odd bit of trad gear might be useful). The Works is also good fun for high angle aiding
 Rick Graham 25 Sep 2014

As a fellow follower of any Eiger Talk I am surprised Bob did not suggest that a pair of aiders are not your priority in an Eiger snowstorm. There are also no easy angled bolt ladders there either

Try the Kendal wall or ask at Ingleton.

The bolts on the dry tooling quarries are close enough for easy aiding.
 Rick Graham 25 Sep 2014

Upper SPout!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...