UKC

The queen and gorgeous George

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hyphin 24 Sep 2014
So has the Queen been taking lessons from Gorgeous George, or was Cameron's staged whisper just another example of him spewing out any old crap that he thinks might win him any wee advantage?
 toad 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

Thanks. I now need the mind bleach.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
OP Hyphin 24 Sep 2014
In reply to toad:

Do you think they let him watch?

ain't no bleaching that............
 Rob Exile Ward 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

Link?
 DynamoCL 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

I assume he is on about the gaff Cameron made in the US recently, being caught by a microphone from some distance away; stating that the Queen purred when he told her that Scotland was staying in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29335028
 pec 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

> ....just another example of him spewing out any old crap that he thinks might win him any wee advantage? >

He wasn't spewing out crap, he was simply telling someone what happened, perhaps a little careless to get caught on microphone but do you seriously think politicians don't talk to each other about things they can't say to the public? And who exactly was he trying to gain advantage with if he didn't know anyone was listening?

OP Hyphin 24 Sep 2014
In reply to pec:

Professional politician, photo opportunity, loads of reporters and he forgets they might just be listening for some wee off the cuff comment. Very professional, very smug, aimed at.....well can you remember Alf Garnett.
 GrahamD 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

> Professional politician, photo opportunity, loads of reporters and he forgets they might just be listening for some wee off the cuff comment. Very professional, very smug...

So Cameron is a good politician is what you're saying ?
 cander 25 Sep 2014
In reply to GrahamD:

The seems to have done both Salmond and Milliband up like kippers ... thats assuming we think he's actually pulling the strings.
 blurty 25 Sep 2014
In reply to cander:

I hope Cameron isn't that clever!

If he's manipulated this whole situation, from two years out (when he agreed the referendum proposal with Salmond) he's more cute than Machiaveli.
 cander 25 Sep 2014
In reply to blurty:

He is a pretty clever chap, and I suspect he has smart people around him. Either way with the Scottish referrendum he's managed to put the conservatives in an advantaged position - Scotland voted YES - Labour loses MP's, Scotland voted No - West lothian Qu if he carries it off - Labour lose MP's. looks to me like Ed's been caught a bit flat footed.
 pec 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

> Professional politician, photo opportunity, loads of reporters and he forgets they might just be listening for some wee off the cuff comment. Very professional, very smug, aimed at.....well can you remember Alf Garnett. >

Did you actually hear the recording? It was so muffled and quiet I could hardly make out a word of it, apparently the mic was quite a way off. Someone must have spent a lot of time and effort repeatedly listening to it, probably with some means of enhancing the sound, to work out what he said. It wasn't like he had a lapel mic on his jacket which he'd forgotten about like when Gordon Brown got knobbled by his "bigoted woman" comments.

OP Hyphin 25 Sep 2014
In reply to pec:

Seriously question that GB staged that one, though he maybe does get sick of statements/questions that begin with "I'm not a racist, but....", and decided to see how robustly he could get away with challenging them.

Doubt anybody would question that DC and his motley crew of Conservatives and conservatives would have loved to have been free to play the royalist card more explicitly and earlier in the campaign. And while probably not staged in terms of positioning the mike, I'd be very suspicious that he saw a good "shot to nothing"; chuck it out there, if it's picked up great, if not nothing lost.

GrahamD suggests that shows him to be a "good politician"; in the sense of a sleazy, manipulative git that's good at politics then yes...but that's exactly what most of those of us that voted Yes wanted rid off

GrahamD 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

> GrahamD suggests that shows him to be a "good politician"; in the sense of a sleazy, manipulative git that's good at politics then yes...but that's exactly what most of those of us that voted Yes wanted rid off

By voting for another one ? really ?
 Dauphin 26 Sep 2014
In reply to GrahamD:

Salmonds cut from exactly the same cloth. A great political operator. Its nothing to do with their politics, both predators and opportunists.
I do appreciate that voting yes wasn't a vote for Salmond, voting no was a vote for 5 more years of Iggle Piggle and his magic knife.

D
 cander 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Dauphin:
> (In reply to GrahamD)
>
> snip ... A great political operator......

He's not you know - he was woeful in the Referrendum - how could he not have thought through the currency and EU issues and had a proper response - fine since I'm English and didn't want the country to be destroyed by the SNP - but if I'd been an SNP supporter, I'd have been pretty flippin disappointed that my leader hadn't even got the basics sorted. He's an orator (or rabble rouser depends on your point of view I guess) but a great political operator - nah - if he had been Scotland would have had a much better chance of being independant.

Dauphin 26 Sep 2014
In reply to cander:

SNP destroying YOUR country. Snorts of derision.

I'll leave it there.

D
 cander 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Dauphin:

So did the Scots - sensible people.

GrahamD 26 Sep 2014
In reply to cander:

> He's not you know - he was woeful in the Referrendum -

snip "in the sense of a sleazy, manipulative git"
 GrahamD 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Hyphin:

> s...but that's exactly what most of those of us that voted Yes wanted rid off

...and there was me naively thinking independence was all about a long term brave new world for the Scots, not about short term party politics.
 cander 26 Sep 2014
In reply to GrahamD:

Donald Trump
 The New NickB 26 Sep 2014
In reply to pec:

How do you know he wasn't talking crap, politicians have been known to stretch the truth, especially if they are unlikely to be contradicted. If Queen had and sense, and despite being a republican myself I suspect she has, she would have been tearing him a new arsehole for how badly he handled the whole thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...