UKC

Stanage North Lees Campsite up for let

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Long 25 Sep 2014
The Peak Park have put the popular climber's campsite at North Lees below Stanage up for let 'from 1st January 2015 for a term of 5 years'.

Currently the Peak Park own and manage both Stanage and the campsite, but in recent years goverment cuts have reduced the budget available and the Peak Park are looking at ways to make the estate cost neutral.

Details here:

http://peakdistrict.gov.uk/about-us/open-government/tenders/north-lees-camp...
 climbwhenready 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Adam Long:

Interesting. Initially I thought that this probably means fees will go up, although the document says this:

"The new tenant would be responsible for suggesting a new fee structure for the 2015
season, which must be agreed by the Authority. The tenant may suggest whatever fee
structure they think fit, although the Authority would not want to see a dramatic increase
because the fees were increased this year (2014 – 2015)."

I'm surprised that if it's a loss for the Authority, they think someone else will be able to make a go of it with a similar fee structure!
OP Adam Long 25 Sep 2014
In reply to climbwhenready:

As far as I know it more or less breaks even, but I believe there's an issue with the authority having to charge VAT whilst a small business owner wouldn't.

Who knows if this will be good for climbers...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...