UKC

Who effin chiselled Gingerbread at Lawrencefield?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Hy 26 Sep 2014
I was at Lawrencefield yesterday and noticed someone has took a big chuck of rock out at the first ledge. obviously to make a gear placement, the problem is they failed. Castration is prob not required for the culprit coz not got balls anyway.
 d_b 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:

Bastards. That was probably my favourite route at lawrencefield.
 Offwidth 26 Sep 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

Such things can normally be repaired. There is gear once on the ledge anyhow ffs.
 johncook 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:

I can put safe money that no one will own up to it!
 BenedictIEP 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:
Get any pics of the damage?
Post edited at 21:01
In reply to BenedictIEP:

We saw this a couple of weeks ago. Seemed a really weird thing to do.
 Jon Stewart 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:

Oh come on, don't be so unreasobale, it was probably just natural erosion. Where is your evidence that this was down to c*ntitude?
 Timmd 27 Sep 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart:
> Oh come on, don't be so unreasobale, it was probably just natural erosion. Where is your evidence that this was down to c*ntitude?

Don't be as unreasonable as you were? ()
Post edited at 01:07
 d_b 29 Sep 2014
In reply to Timmd:

Looked like a confession to me
 MountainGoat82 30 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:

This route was my first trad lead and an absolutely beauty of a route, I will be gutted and very annoyed to see that someone has yet again vandalised more rock!

Anyone seen the graffiti at Wharncliffe?
 Simon Caldwell 30 Sep 2014
In reply to MountainGoat82:

> Anyone seen the graffiti at Wharncliffe?

Yes. I emailed the BMC but never got a reply
 EarlyBird 30 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:

We climbed the route a couple of days after the damage occurred (we think) - there was still a fair bit of fractured grit on the ledge. It looked to us as if the small block had been accidentally pulled out, so just wear and tear rather than deliberate vandalism. As has been stated there is gear available once you're standing on the ledge so there would have been little point in manufacturing a (poor) cam placement on that part of the route. There was no sign that the scar had been used as a gear placement as it was still in a very raw state.
 MischaHY 30 Sep 2014
In reply to Paul Hy:

And frankly, who would bother to chisel a VS? :S
OP Paul Hy 01 Oct 2014
In reply to EarlyBird:

having now seen pics of what is was like i can see the it is the small block that has gone. so some could have placed a piece of gear which may have snapped it off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...