UKC

Chulilla

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan Pierce 28 Sep 2014
Has anyone been to Chullila in October ?

I will be there for 2 to 3 weeks from the 3rd of October and would like to know what its like condition/temp wise at this time of the year and also are there any festivities etc happening.

Dave Rumney 28 Sep 2014
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Not sure about October, but. I've been there in December and it was pleasant and warm climbing in the sun.

Are there routes on the far side of the river now? I think it was all unclimbed back in1990.
 Neil Morrison 29 Sep 2014
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Should be great, we were there last October in the midst of a heatwave and there were plenty of shady options. It was apparentlt hotter than usual. The town was pretty quiet and some evenings there was hardly anywhere open even for a beer after 9ish. Weekends fine though.
 Goodsparks 29 Sep 2014
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Not climbing related, but the 9th is 'Valencia day'. there's a huge firework display in the river bed (in Valencia) at midnight (ish) on the 8th and a noisy lunchtime display on the 9th in the square outside the town hall. As with all festivities there'll be the prerequsite parades, brass bands and a lorry full of dancing Amstel girls with any luck.

Weather will be scorchio.
astley007 29 Sep 2014
In reply to Alan Pierce:
Is fantastic in October, plenty of sun/shade climbing options
but
Town is very quite midweek, and you may be asked to leave a bar mid evening as they close up
Pullover is also useful as can be a bit "chuilly" in the evenings
Cheers
Post edited at 17:47
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Hi Al,

Long time no see! What are you doing these days?

Went to Chulilla in October many years ago, weather was great.

Chris Lawson
OP Alan Pierce 30 Sep 2014
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Thanks everyone.

Hi Chris great to hear from you it was about 2 million years ago since i last seen you

Carney mentioned that you was still on the scene. I took about 18 years out and during that time i probably climbed about 5 times but i have been back into it for the last 3 years after reacquainting myself with Carney on face book .
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Hi Al,
I will email you when I get back from Kalymnos.
Cheers
Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...