UKC

Cwm Silyn rockfall warning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHall246 29 Sep 2014
Just found this warning on the BMC website https://www.thebmc.co.uk/cwm-silyn-rockfall-warning

Sounds like it could come as a nasty surprise at the top of some classic easy routes - take care.
 The Ivanator 29 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

Thanks for flagging this up, good to know. Hope the classics there are not too dramatically effected.
 Trevers 29 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

Is there any way we could get these heads up posted to the forums and perhaps to the crag pages as well?
 Ann S 29 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

Dammit. Always intended going back to pick off the Diff and redo OE, as I've done most of the classic routes there. Think I'll put that on the back burner now.
pasbury 29 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

That's a shame - hopefully it'll stabilise soon enough.
 Bulls Crack 29 Sep 2014
In reply to pasbury:

> That's a shame - hopefully it'll stabilise soon enough.

depends! could be a very long time
 smuffy 29 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

I've been wanting to do Outside Edge for a long time, glad I managed to tick it off just two weeks ago.
In reply to DaveHall246:

shame, I was going to go there this week weather permitting! hopefully it will stabilise soon.
OP DaveHall246 29 Sep 2014
In reply to Trevers:

I've put an update onto the crag page as well.
 Trevers 29 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

> I've put an update onto the crag page as well.

Good man! - but I meant more generally, whether this kind of BMC warning could trigger a thread or page update. But I suppose you're not the person to be petitioning
 climbwhenready 01 Oct 2014
In reply to DaveHall246:

Bugger! OE is on my list. Maybe next year if the rockfall collapses over the winter, I can always hope.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...