UKC

Koenig and Roche sign for Sky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 30 Sep 2014

A few others as well, but these are the ones that jumped out.

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_9496220,00.html#I4AcJrR1BaPM7M...

(Konig)
Post edited at 11:36
 abr1966 30 Sep 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

Good news for Sky, Roche has been very consistent this year....my worry for him would be that he'll be used only as a domestique and not given a fair chance...either that or they are looking at the classics next year?
In reply to abr1966:

Well due to the pressures of bike racing Riche Porte was given the on the road promotion to team leader in this years worlds biggest stage race, so I'm sure Roche will get his fair chance.
 Chris the Tall 01 Oct 2014

I wonder if Roche is hoping for a leadership role - at the Giro perhaps- or has accepted that he is best as a super-domestique and Sky is the team that values that role the most.

I think Konig is more likely to be the teams 2nd GC contender - vying with Henao as a potential future winner

Either way two strong additions to give the team more depth if their run of bad luck were to continue. If their luck changes they might have other problems !
 DaveHK 02 Oct 2014
In reply to The Mystery Toad:
> (In reply to abr1966)
>
> Well due to the pressures of bike racing Riche Porte was given the on the road promotion to team leader in this years worlds biggest stage race, so I'm sure Roche will get his fair chance.

Dead man's shoes though innit?
In reply to DaveHK:

I dunno, what about Chris Horner in last years Vuelta, not many saw that one.
 Chris the Tall 04 Oct 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

If you believe tinkoff - and as a rule I wouldn't - it was all about the money
andymac 04 Oct 2014

Team Sky has gotten itself quite a lot of mouths to feed now.

Without looking there must be over 20 riders now.
 Chris the Tall 04 Oct 2014
In reply to andymac:

> Team Sky has gotten itself quite a lot of mouths to feed now.

> Without looking there must be over 20 riders now.

I think there is a limit on the squad size - something like 28 - which may be reduced in the near future, and which most teams are there or thereabouts. Bear in mind that sky are compelled to send a team to all world tour events, frequently you get two running simultaneously. Such has been their injury/illness problems this year that there have been several races where they were unable to field a full squad.

Also it looks like wiggo will only be on the squad till P-R - unless he changes his mind again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...