UKC

Domes de Miage Thrice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 30 Sep 2014
They say that you can never go back, rubbish, of course you can. I have been lucky enough to do the Domes de Miage three times now and each time they were very very different. Don't be afraid to revisit routes you have done before. Blogpost here---http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2014/09/the-domes-de-miage-thrice.html
Stephen
 JohnnyW 30 Sep 2014
In reply to goatee:

Well I did it for the first time this year, and I will definitely be back.
I like doing variations on routes, or even simply take pleasure in knowing what's to come, so yeah, agreed
 chris bedford 01 Oct 2014
In reply to goatee:

Interesting to see the different conditions you encountered. Not sure I'd ever go back again (done it twice - last time coming up the Mettrier ridge from the Plan Glacier hut), the new path down from the Conscrits was enough to put me off going back up that way ever (and we didn't even do it in ascent....). Always wanted to do it in the spring on skis, when the route goes up the glacier, as it used to.
OP goatee 01 Oct 2014
In reply to chris bedford:

Hi Chris;
Agreed about the Conscrits path. I never thought I'd miss the walk up the glacier. The point is though that routes can differ greatly from one visit to the next. I'm sure there are ones that you would like to go back to again and again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...