UKC

Red Chili Matadors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shawrie777 02 Oct 2014
Hi

Does anyone here own a pair of Matador VCRs? I need to buy some new shoes and I'm considering these, but they seem to have quite a sharp downturn that looks like it might be uncomfortable.

So can anyone tell me what they think of these? How well do they break in, and how long do they take? I'll mostly be using them indoors and on grit when I can. Any advice on these would be great, thanks.
 Reach>Talent 02 Oct 2014
In reply to shawrie777:

They have a fairly pronounced downturn but are pretty comfy if they fit your feet. They'll give a bit (larger sizes more than small ones) but not a lot, if you buy them tight then they're unlikely to become an all-day shoe! What made you look at them, as they are not what most people would think of as an all rounder?
In reply to shawrie777:

I bought some, nice shoes but didn't stretch nearly as much as I expected so I ended up abandoning them
 munro 02 Oct 2014
In reply to shawrie777:

I'm on my third pair. As others have said, there's not much give in them but they're pretty comfy for aggressive shoes. Great for bouldering and sport.
OP shawrie777 03 Oct 2014
In reply to Reach>Talent:

I suppose I figured they might perform better than others. I've always preferred red chili shoes and I've climb in them for a while. I'm now climbing the occasional 7a and thought a more high end pair might help me push further.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...