UKC

Seeking Clarification Re: 'The Knack', Yew Tree Wall, Cheddar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simon-pearson 07 Oct 2014
I was hoping someone could clarify the finish of the line 'The Knack' at Yew Tree Wall, Cheddar Gorge South. Currently UKC says "Now fully bolted, with a new start and two finishes. Original RH finish is given 6c+ Yew Tree wall. Second bolt line from the left. Crux passing a small roof at two thirds height." - it seems there's a 6C+ finish (sharing it's chains with 'Tell it like it is', it's neighbour to the right) and a 7A finish, presumably somewhere to the left? Once passing the small roof do you break left and head direct to the chains of 'Croaking in Woking'? Or is there a new lower off somewhere in between that of 'Croaking in Woking' and the original 6C+ finish? I couldn't see one but perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough. I'm a bit puzzled by it all and it'd be really handy if someone could shed some light on the exact line of the 7A finish.
 Paul Robertson 07 Oct 2014
In reply to simon-pearson:

I wrote the UKC description about 5 years ago. As I remember it both versions finish at the same lower-off, shared with 'Tell It Like It Is'.
The RH version of The Knack is based on the original trad line which joins Tell It Like It Is at about 2/3 height.

I don't have any inside info, just what I gleaned from the guide and from doing most of those routes.
OP simon-pearson 09 Oct 2014
In reply to Paul Robertson:

Thanks Paul, I guess you need to keep left as much as possible and then do a rightwards traverse at the top to the chains, rather than just heading direct.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...