UKC

It won't come off!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sorry if wrong forum.

Just seen this about the poem in Cwm Llan on Snowdon.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/a-write-mess-how-a...

tut tut
 pec 07 Oct 2014
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

I know the UKC consensus seemed to approve of this "art" but but personally I thought it was ugly pretentious bollox and totally inappropriate. Hopefully this spot of trouble will disuade any would be "artists" from repeating this kind of thing.
In reply to pec:

Me too

I was up on Yr Aran today and saw it from a distance...what an appalling mess they've made.

I didn't think it should have been there in the first place but 'they' did say it'd wash off so I thought that maybe I was overreacting. I can't believe how bad it looks
abseil 15 Oct 2014

The 'Independent' article asks the question "Why was it allowed in the first place?" That is a very good question.

Edit,
And I have some more questions for the National Trust who allowed it -
*Why did you idiots believe them when they said it would wash off in the rain?
*Did you or did you not consider the blindingly obvious fact that it might not wash off, you morons?
*Will you allow this again in the future?
*Will you erroneously believe them next time when they say it will wash off in the rain?

I'm willing to bet that 90% of people who pass the poem and see it
1. do not approve of it, and
2. don't read the poem.
Post edited at 05:32
 DerwentDiluted 15 Oct 2014

There's a load of carved 'poetry' on some kirklees area crags as well, cows mouth quarry and Pule hill from memory. I really wish people would stop inflicting their 'art' on everyone in such a permanent way. Very self indulgent self aggrandising and hypocritical way to celebrate these places.
 Michael Hood 15 Oct 2014
In reply to DerwentDiluted: I was at Pule Hill (walked along virtually the whole edge) last week and didn't notice anything, so either it's no longer there, or it's not in an obvious position to climbers, or I went past it without noticing (quite possible). Next time I go I'll have a proper look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...