UKC

online survey questions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jnymitch 09 Oct 2014
If i posted a survey on environmental concern and and attitudes to recycling, how many questions do you think is acceptable before the good folk of UKC abandon it and don't complete it.
In reply to jnymitch:

1 bad one is enough to put people off.
abseil 09 Oct 2014
In reply to jnymitch:

Not sure, maybe about 30? Maybe 50 is too many... but I think it's also about the quality of the questions and questionnaire.
OP jnymitch 09 Oct 2014
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Thanks ill pick carefully
KevinD 09 Oct 2014
In reply to jnymitch:

Could you summarise this please?
OP jnymitch 09 Oct 2014
In reply to dissonance:
Hi,

Im fishing for ideas other than my own.

I am doing my dissertation on the applicability of liberal paternalism to the management of local authority collected waste and the uptake of the co-mingled recycling collection in my local area. I was interested in collating some ideas from here as i expect that climbers are quite conscious of the environment and care about climate and the state of the environment. do they also engage in good recycling behaviour, ie do they wash the recycling, do they put a full black bin out every week, how many recycling boxes or bags do they have, does landfill space concern them, do they keep the leaflet saying what you can recycle or just guess.

As there is a link between environmental concern and waste minimisation and recycling what are the best strings to pull at to entice jo blogs in the inner city who hasn't even got a garden to recycle as concern for landfill space, landfill tax and what happens at the material recovery facility and probably is not a concern. ( but the city council seem to think it is as the web site has it all and giving out a list of 30 things you can recycle and 50 that you cant in an area where there are 30 languages is hoping a bit

if feasible i would like to test the concepts

I plan to survey a random 150 residents in the area also.

then distribute different publicity and promotional material to 600 residents in like streets to see if they will recycle more after ( its very low take up at the mo, and the general waste bin is still the favourite option.)

its more like 1500 residents in 36 streets
Post edited at 22:04
 aln 09 Oct 2014
In reply to jnymitch:

>
> I am doing my dissertation on the applicability of liberal paternalism to the management of local authority collected waste and the uptake of the co-mingled recycling collection

That's me out.
 John Ww 09 Oct 2014
In reply to jnymitch:

Good luck with that one, sounds fascinating...to you, if few others

JW
 Trevers 09 Oct 2014
In reply to jnymitch:
I think what puts people off are the questions that are either leading, or have made some assumption about the person taking the survey, or force a choice from a bunch of options where none apply. Length is a relatively minor annoyance, although an indication beforehand of the number of questions involved is always nice.

Good luck with it
Post edited at 23:05
OP jnymitch 10 Oct 2014
In reply to Trevers:

Super Thanks all for that, and it is fascinating honest

ill post a survey up sometime soon, and ill post the results up after ( the recycling and environmental concern survey results, not the liberal paternalism bit as it is a little wordy..)
In reply to aln:

>
> I am doing my dissertation on the applicability of liberal paternalism to the management of local authority collected waste and the uptake of the co-mingled recycling collection

> That's me out.

Post of the week.

John Ww 11 Oct 2014
In reply to jnymitch:

You might want to smarten up your spelling and punctuation before you do.

JW
 Dan Arkle 12 Oct 2014
Best of luck with the survey. I personally get bored after a few questions.

You should be very aware of how unrepresentative your sample will be, only people who already care about the subject are likely to complete it, creating a strong bias.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...