UKC

Urkema Peak (aka Baden-Powell Peak), Langtang region, Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark123 09 Oct 2014
I am heading to the Langtang region of Nepal to climb Urkema Peak (aka Baden-Powell Peak) later this month, as well as Naya Kanga and a couple others. There’s lots of info on Naya Kanga on the web, but very little on Urkema Peak. I’d welcome any info on Urkema from anyone who has climbed it. I suppose with it’s new name I should “Be Prepared”! I prefer the original Nepali name though.
 Damo 10 Oct 2014
In reply to Mark123:

I came across it recently Googling about other things nearby. There are photos on/near location if you look on Google Earth.

It seems to be a recently made-up thing for a smaller peak near Naya Kanga. Not sure of the point, presumably a Scouting thing? I've only been on the north side of there and not up around 'Urkema'.
 L.A. 10 Oct 2014
In reply to Mark123:

Had a wander up that valley about 18 months ago on a rest day after crossing Tilmans and before Ganji La. Looks fairly straightforward and probably easier than NK

http://www.summitpost.org/urkema-peak-baden-powell-peak/375435
OP Mark123 10 Oct 2014
In reply to L.A.:

Thanks L.A.for the useful link and info. Agree, looks straightforward. Also my thanks to Damo too, also useful info - I forgot to check Google Earth - it can be a really good source of info for such DIY expeditions. I'm on the case now......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...