UKC

Derry Burn Bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamesLamont 11 Oct 2014
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone had been up Glen Lui to the Derry burn bridge over the last few days and could give me an idea of how passable it is? Considering a trip into the Lairig Ghru tomorrow but not if it's impassable!

Thanks
Removed User 11 Oct 2014
In reply to jamesofdeath:

There's some photos here from a few weeks back;

http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi...
 iainpowell 11 Oct 2014

The burn is crossable if there's not too much water in it if you don't mind a wee bit of splashing. 2 weekends ago it was not deep enough to go over the top of boots. Failing that, about 200m up stream from the remains of the bridge, there is a tree that has handily fallen across the river.

Hope that helps.
Iain.
 OMR 11 Oct 2014
In reply to iainpowell:

The tree referred to is a substantial one, so there's no problem using it if it's needed. I spent a morning cutting branches to make a clear way through at the far bank. There's still a wee bit of a clamber over the root disc, but the crossing is fairly trauma-free.
 ScraggyGoat 11 Oct 2014

Four of us crossed at c1530 hrs this afternoon, without using the tree, I got away with dry feet, some of the others got a bit damp. Not much above ankle deep at worst, no risk of loosing footing and the burn hasn't got any real power in it at the moment. even the dawg which has an aversion to getting wet crossed without too much encouragement.

Autumn colours are great at the present, have a good trip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...