UKC

Crypt Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beds74 14 Oct 2014
Hi

Does anybody know the condition of Crypt Route in Glencoe on Bidean Nam Bian in summer? Read some of the comments on UKC but doesn't confirm if there has been any significant rock fall so that you can or can't get through....Don't really fancy it but need to complete it for my Classic ticks...Just thought i'd try and get some updates if anybody's done it?

Thanks.
 Neil Adams 14 Oct 2014
In reply to beds74:

It was certainly climbable last winter but I don't know about anything more recent
 LakesWinter 14 Oct 2014
In reply to Neil Adams:

Just got a couple of winter questions, sorry for the thread hijack, is finding the correct tunnel route easy enough? And which pitch is the crux? Is it the first chimney?
 Captain Solo 14 Oct 2014
In reply to beds74:

Don't really fancy it but need to complete it for my Classic ticks

That's the spirit! I blame social media...

Martin Haworth 14 Oct 2014
In reply to LakesWinter:

Finding the correct tunnel isnt too difficult, even if you try going the wrong way you will soon realise.
If your big then getting through the tunnel will be the crux!
But for most people the pitch that is common with West Chimney is the crux, I think the pitch is called Raeburn's Chimney and is just about technical grade 6.
 LakesWinter 14 Oct 2014
In reply to Martin Haworth:
Thanks I might try it, it sounds a laugh
Post edited at 22:06
OP beds74 14 Oct 2014
In reply to Captain Solo:

I know...one of those things bit of a pilgrimage this tick list, someone once said 'I've started so I'll finish' even though i'm claustrophobic...!
Cheers for the tips people.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...