UKC

Great Sankey Leisure Centre Wall to close.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MooseMouse 15 Oct 2014
I heard that the council are looking to redevelop the Great Sankey Leisure Centre site and it looks like the traversing wall will be lost in the process.

When I worked in Warrington I used the real rock wall very often and found it really good for building finger strength stamina and I quite like the variation in the hold types.

Seems a shame to lose it. I wonder if the council could reconsider their plans or put some effort into relocating it? If it got more traffic I'm sure that would help, it always seemed great value at £3 odd for an intensive training visit after work.

I did see quite a few other folks there, would anybody else be sorry to see it go?
 mtempest 15 Oct 2014
In reply to MooseMouse:

Yes, I'd be sorry to see it go. I use the wall from time to time. Very good for stamina training and the real rock makes a nice change from resin holds.
rockingfrank 16 Oct 2014
In reply to MooseMouse:
> I heard that the council are looking to redevelop the Great Sankey Leisure Centre site and it looks like the traversing wall will be lost in the process.
>
What MooseMouse has heard seem to be correct. It would be a shame to loose a local Wall which gives an interesting change of challenges to those provided by other Walls in the area.
 iccle_bully 16 Oct 2014
In reply to rockingfrank:

They need to improve their marketing if they want to keep it and make it commercially successful. I've lived nearby for nearly 2 years and didn't even know it existed!
MooseMouse 20 Oct 2014
In reply to iccle_bully:

Yep, it could do with a Facebook page for a start.
Can anyone help RockingFrank set one up? I don't think Frank is from a generation that is so familiar with new media! No offense intended Frank!

I no longer work in the area, so I'm never using the wall anymore. My fingertips are much less tough as a result!
I'd still be sorry to see it go though, I might end up back in Warrington in the future!

steveriley 22 Oct 2014
In reply to MooseMouse:

Shame when any facility goes. Haven't been for years and it was always a bit behind the curve even when new. If I was nearer I'd probably still use it occasionally for an old school thrashing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...