UKC

Mountaineering salopettes for the short

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 D.botts87 16 Oct 2014

For those of a short dispostion, here is my question. What winter salopettes do people use? I am finding that having a short inside leg c.30/31" and a medium size gut, seems to be mishapen for medium size trousers. Which brands do a short leg? Or do people get them tailored properly?
Post edited at 23:30
 Mike Lates 16 Oct 2014
In reply to D.botts87:

Worth investing in made to measure. I use Cioch Direct outdoor clothing on Skye to make me well fitted trousers but they do salopettes too. It's Nikwax Analogy material aka Paramo made to measure.
 Babika 17 Oct 2014
In reply to D.botts87:

Try womens winter trousers. Its not a stupid answer as they are all black and grey goretex anyway, and have a front zip. Its not as if they come in pink with "womens" stamped down the side.

They just have shorter legs (and a slightly higher rise)
 Carolyn 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Babika & OP:

They do tend to be smaller round the waist, though, which might be an issue for someone needing a men's medium waist? Definitely worth a try, though, as some of the salopettes might go straight up from the roomier bum (particularly the cheaper - but still decent - brands, as one way they cut costs is by less attention to fitting).

Paramo do short leg lengths in some stuff. And take a look at the Needlesports website, they're quite good at stocking different leg lengths and might have clues as to which brands tend to make different lengths.
 Gazlynn 17 Oct 2014
In reply to D.botts87:

I'm a pleasantly plump short legged person 34" waist and 30" leg.

Have a look at the Mountain Equipment g2 pants even their normal size seems to be quite short in the leg but they also make a short legged version.

If you're minted Arcteryx make short legged versions.

I've bought a couple of Pattagucci pants and had to have them altered as way too long and they don't make short legged versions.

Good luck

Gaz

KellyKettle 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

Buffalo will make custom fit for those of particularly Stout dispositions too and if you're talking about custom gear, You can't ignore PHD.
 Morgan Woods 17 Oct 2014
In reply to D.botts87:

I would suggest get the pair you like either soft or hard shell then take them up at the knee since they have internal gators at the ankle. Just fold the front knee over into a kind of flap then sew in pace at each side and seam seal. This will give you a bit of added articulation at that joint as an added bonus. In any case i find the American brands eg Marmot & Patagonia better for the vertically challenged.
 d_b 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

A friend of mine who is very tall got a pair from them. He has been very happy with them.
cb294 17 Oct 2014
In reply to Gazlynn:

+1, I have the ME g2 in a short leg version (although bigger overall, size 27) and Arcteryx hardshell overtrousers size XXL short.

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...