UKC

I can't remember the film...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stevie989 18 Oct 2014
I wonder if any one else remembers it from years ago.

I think it was a film of a male and female climber (maybe Peter croft?) climbing some American multi pitch crack climb. I think he pretty much dragged her up it. I remember one scene where he was shaving the backs of his hands before taping up.

Now it may or may not be the same film but tommy Caldwell also features (using 2 ropes incase one is severed on sharp edges).

I remember watching it in my early teens so 10-15 years maybe!?

I can't remember for the life of me and it's doing my box in. (Normal people go out on Saturday nights no?)
 Aigen 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

I know it. I will give you a hint. Tommy Caldwell is climbing in Smith Rock with his then wife Beth Roden.
 TobyA 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

> I think it was a film of a male and female climber (maybe Peter croft?) climbing some American multi pitch crack climb. I think he pretty much dragged her up it. I remember one scene where he was shaving the backs of his hands before taping up.

That was Airlie Anderson and one of the Burgess Twins I reckon - it was on that BBC series; "the Climb"? The route was a pretty hard crack climb on a desert tower; something Dihedral I think, Primrose perhaps?
 jon 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

This one of Croft and Lisa Rands on Venturi Effect on the Incredible Hulk? He shaves his face and DOESN'T drag Rands up it... but it sounds similar! youtube.com/watch?v=rGA1vI2HxTs&
OP Stevie989 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

Pretty sure it was the first one.

Cheers!
 Aigen 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

10 points to Toby.
OP Stevie989 18 Oct 2014
In reply to Aigen:

Anyone know where I can watch it now?
 Blue Straggler 19 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:
Try and track down a VHS copy of the BBC series "The Face" (this is the one that TobyA has referred to as "The Climb"...it was actually called "The Face"). I am 95% certain it was released commercially.
Try and contact these people maybe?
http://www.tripleecho.co.uk/Triple_Echo_Productions/About_Us.html

BOOM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Face-Great-Climbing-Adventures/dp/B00004CXWE

Narrated by the proper Brian Cox as well! Fandabadozee!
Post edited at 00:27
 DerwentDiluted 19 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

One of the best scenes of climbing captured, a real antidote to a lot of climbing footage. The series was 'The Face' and the premise was that two different climbers met and hopefully complemented the other, showcasing somewhere a bit different.

Greg Child & Andy Park in Vietnam,
Tony Howard & Di Taylor in Wadi Rum,
Barry Blanchard & Nancy Fagin in Canada,
Airline Anderson & Aid Burgess in Utah,
Cubby & Lynn Hill in Pabbay,
Joe Simpson & Ed February in the Cederbergs,

The Utah episode had classic swearing/meltdown/seconds strop which made it stand out. A full transcript can be found in the book of the series bit can also be heard any weekend on Millstone.
 jon 19 Oct 2014
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> Airline Anderson & Aid Burgess in Utah

Fabulous typo!
 Dave Todd 26 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

Just spotted this on UKB;

vimeo.com/84425305

(awful quality, but brings those memories back...)
OP Stevie989 26 Oct 2014
In reply to Dave Todd:

That's the one!
In reply to Stevie989:

I might have the Face on vhs, check later.
In reply to Stevie989:

Sort of related - anyone remember "Break on Through"?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...