UKC

Fairy Cave Quarry code change?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Šljiva 19 Oct 2014
Hi, has the code changed? Haven't had any notifications but no one can get in this morning using the usual one ending xx65. People are climbing over the gate - seems the only way!
 jon 19 Oct 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

> but no one can get in this morning using the usual one ending xx65.

Don't tell him, Pike...
 petegunn 19 Oct 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

Can you re post this in Local Areas then Mr Butterworth may see it if he hasn't already.
In reply to Šljiva:
The code hasn't been changed but I guess there is a problem with the lock. I've been away for a couple of weeks so can only assume the recent rain has caused the lock to seize. I'll go have a look and post again asap.
Ian Butterworth
BMC Access Rep for Somerset & Mendips
 BStar 20 Oct 2014
In reply to Ian Butterworth:

I was there 3 weeks ago and noticed the lock was a bit stiff / sticky and required a bit of a tug to open it, it could just be that it needs a good spraying with some WD40...
In reply to Šljiva:
I went to FCQ this afternoon. The lock had seized but released with WD40. I had already bought a new lock after some people, including myself, had difficulty reading the numbers. I have changed the lock so it should work OK now. Although the lock is very similar to the one I have just removed. The combination remains the same but the numbers must be aligned with the black marks then the hasp (loop) can be pulled open - no need to press the hasp into the body of the lock before it opens.
Ian Butterworth
BMC Access Rep for Somerset & Mendips
OP Šljiva 20 Oct 2014
In reply to Ian Butterworth:
Thank you Ian.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...