UKC

bouldering in Scotland Guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yodadave 20 Oct 2014
I'm sure I read somewhere that this guide was to have a revision this year. Anyone know if that's the case?
 Stevie989 20 Oct 2014
In reply to yodadave:

Is that the sorta landscape shaped one? Its not all that good in its current form. I've lost count of the number of visiting climbers with this book who have been unhappy with it. Its a bit 'lite' on info for a lot of places.
 phleppy 20 Oct 2014
In reply to Stevie989:

I have to say I was disappointed and ended up selling mine but I heard it was never meant as people expected it, you'd need a big book to cover Scotland's bouldering so it was a way of highlighting the popular/known venues and probably laying the ground work for a more definitive guide which will probably be the new one, I definitely don't envy the guide writers for the amount of work it will involve!
 Sherlock 21 Oct 2014
In reply to yodadave:

You heard right but it's unlikely to happen this year.I think that the idea behind BiS was for a general heads up as to what was where,which would inspire local activists to produce more detailed guides to their own areas.As someone said it's an impossible task for one person,especially one who has a"proper" job as well!
OP yodadave 21 Oct 2014
In reply to Sherlock:

thanks for the input, I guess I'll hold off then in the hopes of the new one. I'm enjoying exploring without a guide anyways and as much moss as I'm removing these days I doubt what I'm climbing is in the guide.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...