UKC

Rjukan Dec. 13-19 Looking for 2 more people to share costs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
blahblahblacksheep 20 Oct 2014
Hey - my norwegian partner and I will be flying into Oslo on the 13th and planning to spend a week around Rjukan. We are renting a small flat (so far it seems cheaper than the climbers' usual lodging), but with Norwegian prices we are hoping for 2 more people to share the costs. Not sure whether we'll have a car or we'll just take the bus to Rjukan. Let me know if you are interested.
Ted1212 21 Oct 2014
In reply to climbnplay:

I am interested but will conditions be right for ice climbing that early in the winter?Ted
 GarethSL 21 Oct 2014
In reply to climbnplay:

I will be Stavanger based from late next week with a car. have been looking to get to Rjukan for some time, so if the conditions are looking good I'd be very interested to join. The whole week would be possible for me.

Not the best ice climber, will second anything and really interested in trying mixed. Have a full ice rack and happy to be a belay sprogg/ provide kakao or motivation/ humiliation etc.
blahblahblacksheep 21 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:
Not sure about condition at this moment, but generally in a normal winter it will be in season already. There is always sketchy mixed for additional play.

I would prefer to have 2 people join, so maybe you can talk to each other about it?
Of course you having a car already is worth extra special consideration....
Post edited at 10:35
 GarethSL 21 Oct 2014
In reply to climbnplay:

Sent you a PM
zheka8 02 Nov 2014
In reply to climbnplay:

I'll be in Stavanger in the first 2 weeks of Dec for work and looking to get out to Rjukan. Lead WI3 but interested in following whatever and interested in mixed as well. I may have a car depending on how things or would be interested in sharing a ride.
 Mr E 07 Nov 2014
In reply to climbnplay:

For what it's worth, this is the weather site i was using for my trip to Rjukan last January, found it pretty good.

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Telemark/Tinn/Rjukan/long.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...